TAG selection and input for autogen custom textbox

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

TAG selection and input for autogen custom textbox

by AshwinMR on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:07 am

Hi Team,

I am using Imacros for one of the web application for screen scraping.

Issue: Using a tag to select and input text into a hybrid custom text box as described in the screen shot.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:s2id_autogen1

The value for ATTR which in this case is autogen1 randomly changes to something like autogen22/autogen12/autogen18 etc.

Do let me know if you need any more details in this regard. Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot.PNG
Regards,
Ashwin.M.R
AshwinMR

Re: TAG selection and input for autogen custom textbox

by chivracq on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 pm

AshwinMR wrote:Hi Team,

I am using Imacros for one of the web application for screen scraping.

Issue: Using a tag to select and input text into a hybrid custom text box as described in the screen shot.
Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:s2id_autogen1

The value for ATTR which in this case is autogen1 randomly changes to something like autogen22/autogen12/autogen18 etc.

Do let me know if you need any more details in this regard. Thank you.

Do let me know if you need any more details in this regard.

Yep...! CIM for me to read...!
And I see some vague Screenshot that I won't be checking, post it in plain Text in your Thread, and pfff...!, read my Sig (and/or consider reading the Forum Rules) for proper Use of the Forum if you want some Help... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Cobra99 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Try another recording mode
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331
Cobra99

by AshwinMR on Tue May 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi All,

I am still stuck with the same error. Now planning to explain bit in more detail:

IMacros: Version 11, OS: Windows 7, Browser: IE v11.

Below is given are the generated code using EXPERT option in Imacros.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT
ATTR=TXT:NameUsernameUser<SP>IdPhone<SP>IdEmployee<SP>IdSkill<SP>GroupNewHireStatusManagerTeamLocati*&&TABINDEX:-1&&ARIA-LABEL:Select<SP>a<SP>value<SP>for<SP>User<SP>Search<SP>&&ID:widget-profile-user-search&&CLASS:select2-offscreen CONTENT=%employee

Step1: in this step I am selecting the dropdown value as EmployeeId

TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=ARIA-RELEVANT:additions<SP>removals&&ARIA-LIVE:polite&&CLASS:select2-results

Step2: This automatically happens. As and then I opt for Employeeid in the dropdown, the textbox is able to give me intellisense to select the employeeid(numeric) which I am typing.

TAG SELECTOR="#profile-combobox-go"

Step3: Even this step automatically triggers.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A
ATTR=TXT:ASHWIN<SP>RAM&&ID:user134944&&TITLE:Open<SP>aram10&&CLASS:calllist-mediumid<SP>callLink<SP>clickable&&DATA-ROUTER-BYPASS:true&&DATA-ID:134944

Step4: After typing my employeeid in the textbox, this step triggers.

Issue:
In Step2: I have to make employeeid search the only option. I would be sending the employeeid from C# code programmatically.
In Step4: I have to catch hold of DATAID Value, this is generated in the frontend. That DATAID value is being appended to the URL in employee search button.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you.
Regards,
Ashwin.M.R
AshwinMR

by chivracq on Tue May 10, 2016 4:07 pm

AshwinMR wrote:Hi All,

I am still stuck with the same error. Now planning to explain bit in more detail:

IMacros: Version 11, OS: Windows 7, Browser: IE v11.

Below is given are the generated code using EXPERT option in Imacros.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT
ATTR=TXT:NameUsernameUser<SP>IdPhone<SP>IdEmployee<SP>IdSkill<SP>GroupNewHireStatusManagerTeamLocati*&&TABINDEX:-1&&ARIA-LABEL:Select<SP>a<SP>value<SP>for<SP>User<SP>Search<SP>&&ID:widget-profile-user-search&&CLASS:select2-offscreen CONTENT=%employee

Step1: in this step I am selecting the dropdown value as EmployeeId

TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=ARIA-RELEVANT:additions<SP>removals&&ARIA-LIVE:polite&&CLASS:select2-results

Step2: This automatically happens. As and then I opt for Employeeid in the dropdown, the textbox is able to give me intellisense to select the employeeid(numeric) which I am typing.

TAG SELECTOR="#profile-combobox-go"

Step3: Even this step automatically triggers.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A
ATTR=TXT:ASHWIN<SP>RAM&&ID:user134944&&TITLE:Open<SP>aram10&&CLASS:calllist-mediumid<SP>callLink<SP>clickable&&DATA-ROUTER-BYPASS:true&&DATA-ID:134944

Step4: After typing my employeeid in the textbox, this step triggers.

Issue:
In Step2: I have to make employeeid search the only option. I would be sending the employeeid from C# code programmatically.
In Step4: I have to catch hold of DATAID Value, this is generated in the frontend. That DATAID value is being appended to the URL in employee search button.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Youpidoo!, we finally have your FCI..., very good, but hum, 4 weeks later, so I guess you are not in a "real" hurry to solve your Pb, and hum, you've just opened a 2nd Thread where again, pfff... you don't mention your Environment... Sorry, but I only help Users using the Forum a bit correctly in ALL their Threads... And a Follow-up from your Side a bit more frequent than once every 4 weeks would sound logical to me... :roll:

But OK, Quality of this Current Thread has improved a lot, so..., having a look...!
But hum..., no URL of the Page/Site, so I can't have a look at the Page myself, and hum..., 'Employee'/'EmployeeID', sounds like some Internal Site, with Ajaxy Elements generating Content dynamically, so even some HTML Saveas of the Page uploaded to the Thread won't really help as the Dynamic Content won't work...

OK, the 2 Issues:

Not sure I understand exactly what the Pb is, what I understand is that you would want to select 'EmployeeID' from the DDLB (Combobox), but it's not clear if this "#profile-combobox-go" is the Selector for the DDLB or the Item in the DDLB that you want. If it's the Selector for the DDLB, then some 'CONTENT' Parameter is missing to select the Item, if it's the Item already, I guess iMacros won't see it at Replay time because it only gets activated once the DDLB has been opened.

But this 'TAG SELECTOR' Syntax is completely new and only available in iMB11, it doesn't work (I tried about 1 week ago) in iMacros for FF which I use myself, (even latest Version, v8.9.7 on FF45), so I didn't have a chance to play with it..., and new Features are always nice but usually Buggy with iMacros...!
Try using the "Standard' Mode to select your Item in the DDLB (with 'TYPE=SELECT' + 'CONTENT'), or if the Content of the DDLB is dynamically generated, the EVENT Mode (which is new for iMB11 as well, but available for FF already for a few years, so it works correctly)...

This Step sounds simple to me, at least if I understand your Pb correctly..., there are several ways to extract that Info...: Your 'DATA-ID' is already present in the 'EXTRACT=HREF' and 'EXTRACT=HTM' on the Link you click on in Step_3, where you can isolate it easily using 'EVAL()'. Same thing on '{{!URLCURRENT}}'.

OK, Generic Answers as I can't have a look at the Page myself, but I hope it helps a bit already... Good luck anyway...

Follow-up on your Side earlier than in 4 weeks, I hope, and improve the Quality of your second Thread (where I don't even bother to react, sorry...)... (And post some Update in that 2nd Thread once you'll have mentioned your FCI + posted URL + Script if possible, as I won't notice your Update(s) otherwise unless sbd replies in that Thread, if you only edit your OP... :idea: )
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping