Error when communicating with the native messaging host

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Error when communicating with the native messaging host

by crispyizzy on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi guys!

I am newbie to iMACROS and I got some troubles with my script. Any help is appreciated! :mrgreen:

So I created a script to grab information from online and store it in my local csv file. I'm aiming to do it in a loop about size 1000 every time. The script works fine when I run it in smaller loops (ex. <50).

This morning, I tried to run it in 800 loops, but it stopped at loop 49 and gives me this error.
Error: Error when communicating with the native messaging host., line: 36.
Line 36 is the last line of my script. And I found that every time I got this error, I just need to change the output file name(both in script and the actual output file's name) and continue running the loop from where it stopped last time. And the script will be good for another 40 or 50 loops until this error pops up again... This is pretty confusing... Please let me know if you have any suggestions :mrgreen:

Below is my CIM:
+ iMacros for Chrome 8.3.5
+ Windoes 8.1 Enterprise
+ Google Chrome Version 50.0.2661.102 m

Below is my script:
VERSION BUILD=8350307 RECORDER=CR
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\crispyizzy\Desktop\input.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 6
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO

URL GOTO=https://myURL.com
FRAME F=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:C4_W16_V17_IC_INBOX
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_parameters[2].VALUE1 CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_parameters[3].VALUE1 CONTENT={{!COL2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_parameters[6].VALUE1 CONTENT={{!COL4}}
SET !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL2}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL3}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL5}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL4}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_MAX_HITS CONTENT=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=B ATTR=TXT:Search
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:123_items_table[1].incident_id
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=CELLSPACING:2 EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_cssngprojh_struct.description EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_catselvn_cat_label EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_priority EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btorgset_struct.service_org_resp_short EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:123_btpartnerset_soldto_name EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btcustomerh_convert_system_usage EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_last_change EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_zcreated_at EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_zinccreatdate_datetime EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_zconfirmed_at EXTRACT=TXT
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\Users\crispyizzy\Desktop FILE=output // This is line 36!
crispyizzy

Re: Error when communicating with the native messaging host

by crispyizzy on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 am

Can I please have some attentions to this post please? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
crispyizzy

Re: Error when communicating with the native messaging host

by chivracq on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 am

crispyizzy wrote:Hi guys!

I am newbie to iMACROS and I got some troubles with my script. Any help is appreciated! :mrgreen:

So I created a script to grab information from online and store it in my local csv file. I'm aiming to do it in a loop about size 1000 every time. The script works fine when I run it in smaller loops (ex. <50).

This morning, I tried to run it in 800 loops, but it stopped at loop 49 and gives me this error.
Error: Error when communicating with the native messaging host., line: 36.
Line 36 is the last line of my script. And I found that every time I got this error, I just need to change the output file name(both in script and the actual output file's name) and continue running the loop from where it stopped last time. And the script will be good for another 40 or 50 loops until this error pops up again... This is pretty confusing... Please let me know if you have any suggestions :mrgreen:

Below is my CIM:
+ iMacros for Chrome 8.3.5
+ Windoes 8.1 Enterprise
+ Google Chrome Version 50.0.2661.102 m

Below is my script:
Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=8350307 RECORDER=CR
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\crispyizzy\Desktop\input.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 6
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO

URL GOTO=https://myURL.com
FRAME F=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:C4_W16_V17_IC_INBOX
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_parameters[2].VALUE1 CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_parameters[3].VALUE1 CONTENT={{!COL2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_parameters[6].VALUE1 CONTENT={{!COL4}}
SET !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL2}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL3}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL5}}
ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL4}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:myFormId ATTR=ID:123_search_MAX_HITS CONTENT=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=B ATTR=TXT:Search
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:123_items_table[1].incident_id
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=CELLSPACING:2 EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_cssngprojh_struct.description EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_catselvn_cat_label EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_priority EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btorgset_struct.service_org_resp_short EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:123_btpartnerset_soldto_name EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btcustomerh_convert_system_usage EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_last_change EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_zcreated_at EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_zinccreatdate_datetime EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:123_btadminh_zconfirmed_at EXTRACT=TXT
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\Users\crispyizzy\Desktop FILE=output                                     // This is line 36!

crispyizzy wrote:Can I please have some attentions to this post please? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yep, I had seen your Thread and I didn't reply because it sounds related to iMacros for CR which I don't use, so I cannot really help you... and it's more a Case for TechSupport but they don't check the Forum very often... And you would need to produce a Script which they can use to (try to) reproduce your Pb, which is not the case with your current Script...

But, there is no need to open a Duplicate Thread, this is SPAM, if you can remove your newly opened Thread...? If you have some supplementary Info, bump this Current Thread and include it in it...

A new Version of iMacros for CR was released last week, v8.4.4, do you still have the Pb with this new Version...?
As the Pb sounds related to CR and iMacros to CR to me, try running your Script on FF (and/or IE) to see if you encounter the Pb on this/those Browser(s) as well...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping