Online OCR

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Online OCR

by Cobra99 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Can you recommend me free online OCR for small pictures?
Attachments
2,80.png
2,80.png (323 Bytes) Viewed 627 times
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331
Cobra99

Re: Online OCR

by chivracq on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:48 am

Cobra99 wrote:
Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)

Can you recommend me free online OCR for small pictures?

You can update to PM v26.1.1 at least, that's the Version I'm currently using (+ iMacros for FF v8.8.2, on Win10-x64), I haven't tried later Versions for PM (yet), if the FCI mentioned in your Sig is still correct... (You should hard-code it yourself in your OP when opening a Thread, I'm nearly sure I've already asked you...)

A simple Search on Google yields a lot of Results for "free online OCR Tools" that you could try yourself and among the Results is this Review of 4 online Tools.

From reading this Review, 'i2OCR' might be the most interesting one for you as it can scan from URL (meaning that from iMacros, you just need to extract the 'HREF' of your Image, bypassing the need to first download it to re-upload it to a Site), and even once scanned and converted, you get the Result online in some editable Field that you can simply extract directly from iMacros instead of having to download it in '.TXT' to reuse as a DataSource from iMacros which will tremendously speed up the Process, I would think...

Hope this helps, and post your Results/Feedback if you end up using this Tool and/or trying/testing other ones...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping