Scrape images and save them into specific location facebook

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Scrape images and save them into specific location facebook

by snrnsi1234 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:50 am

Hi, I'm new to IMacros and i have studied only the surface of the program watching youtube videos ^^

What i am trying to do is simple?
Save facebook pictures and user timeline

I know how to make it automatically go to the pictures pages of a certain user but my problem is that i don't know how to make imacros click on each picture and save them as an image file. And when the images are over, it should stop?
Facebook has this next picture button when i click on the picture and what i am trying to do is to make imacros click on that next image button till the image runs out and save them into a folder i've designated.

Also, when i try to take a screenshot of the user feed. THere are two problems.
1. I want imacros to scroll to the end of the page in facebook but since facebook doesnt load all the page in once and loads each page only when i reach the end of page, i'm not sure how i can capture them all
2. I want to also include all comments in the imacros page. So i will be taking automatic screenshots after imacros clicks for example, "show 3 more comments" i'm not sure how to make imacros click all of the "show more comments option" before it saves a screenshots.

LOL sorry if i asked too many questions.
I'll appreciate if anyone can help!
thanks in advance!
snrnsi1234

Re: Scrape images and save them into specific location faceb

by chivracq on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:05 pm

snrnsi1234 wrote:Hi, I'm new to IMacros and i have studied only the surface of the program watching youtube videos ^^

What i am trying to do is simple?
Save facebook pictures and user timeline

I know how to make it automatically go to the pictures pages of a certain user but my problem is that i don't know how to make imacros click on each picture and save them as an image file. And when the images are over, it should stop?
Facebook has this next picture button when i click on the picture and what i am trying to do is to make imacros click on that next image button till the image runs out and save them into a folder i've designated.

Also, when i try to take a screenshot of the user feed. THere are two problems.
1. I want imacros to scroll to the end of the page in facebook but since facebook doesnt load all the page in once and loads each page only when i reach the end of page, i'm not sure how i can capture them all
2. I want to also include all comments in the imacros page. So i will be taking automatic screenshots after imacros clicks for example, "show 3 more comments" i'm not sure how to make imacros click all of the "show more comments option" before it saves a screenshots.

LOL sorry if i asked too many questions.
I'll appreciate if anyone can help!
thanks in advance!

Pfff, sorry, CIM...! :mrgreen: ... for me to read...! If you haven't installed iMacros yet and are just asking some generic/is-it-possible? Qt's, then you should post in the 'General' Sub-Forum...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping