Website scrapping question is this possible?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Website scrapping question is this possible?

by Cheezed on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 am

What I'm looking to do is take data from Poe.trade a website for a game called path of exile. This site pulls information from the game that people indicated they would like to sell. What I'm looking for is something that will periodically pull data from the website analyse it then send me alerts when certain parameters are met. I was wondering if something like this can even be done.
Cheezed

Re: Website scrapping question is this possible?

by chivracq on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Cheezed wrote:What I'm looking to do is take data from Poe.trade a website for a game called path of exile. This site pulls information from the game that people indicated they would like to sell. What I'm looking for is something that will periodically pull data from the website analyse it then send me alerts when certain parameters are met. I was wondering if something like this can even be done.

Pfff..., Thread approved because no Spam, but Thread Title is a bit useless, I have no Idea what your Qt is about (I didn't read, see next Paragraph...), all Threads on this Sub-Forum are about "Scrapping"... Pfff...! :lol:
(But mini-Compliment anyway about choosing the correct Sub-Forum, at least from your Thread Title...)

+ CIM...! :mrgreen: (For me to read, read my Sig... (as you couldn't bother to read the Forum Rules for Required Info when posting a Qt...! :roll: ))
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping