Getting data from the screen that is NOT in the source

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Getting data from the screen that is NOT in the source

by rkd on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi

I am trying to get the data from a webpage. But the data doesn't exist in the page source. I am guessing it is generated by javascript/ajax or something. It is an email address. And in page source it looks like this:

Code: Select all
<a id="/gp/profile/A225AROJV5PA03" class="a-link-normal pr-email" href="javascript:void(0)">Send an Email</a>

So, the link on the screen says "Send an Email". When you click on that link, it changes to an email address. But the email address is nowhere in the html.

Using iMacros, I can easily identify the link as id:/gp/profile/A225AROJV5PA03 and I can extract the text "Send an Email"

But I want to extract the email address itself.

Does anyone know how to do this?
rkd

Re: Getting data from the screen that is NOT in the source

by iimfun on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:23 am

What happens when you play the code given below?
Code: Select all
TAG XPATH="id('/gp/profile/A225AROJV5PA03')"
TAG XPATH="id('/gp/profile/A225AROJV5PA03')" EXTRACT=HTM
iimfun

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping