RE: Fill form field ONLY if blank

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

RE: Fill form field ONLY if blank

by mrjjman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm trying to work with this form, and sometimes the info is pre-filled by the website. Is there a way that if data is in the form field, to not overwrite it? Here is the start of my code below:

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:PropertyInfo* ATTR=NAME:estYearPurchased CONTENT=12/2012

So if content was blank, then I can pre-fill with my data. However, if content has data, to NOT pre-fill with my info?

Thanks!
mrjjman

Re: RE: Fill form field ONLY if blank

by chivracq on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:13 pm

mrjjman wrote:I'm trying to work with this form, and sometimes the info is pre-filled by the website. Is there a way that if data is in the form field, to not overwrite it? Here is the start of my code below:

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:PropertyInfo* ATTR=NAME:estYearPurchased CONTENT=12/2012

So if content was blank, then I can pre-fill with my data. However, if content has data, to NOT pre-fill with my info?

Thanks!

Hum, you always ask interesting Questions, pity you didn't understand how to use a Technical Forum a bit correctly, by not following up on (all I think) your previous Threads for example, and I don't answer your Threads anymore now... :roll:
(Hint: I've already answered a similar Thread a few months ago, searching the Forum is another way "of using the Forum a bit correctly"... :idea: And I don't remember exactly for which Solution I went, but I can think directly of 3 Solutions to achieve what you want, so it shouldn't be very difficult...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping