Navigating a Report Page

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Navigating a Report Page

by esullivan on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:09 pm

While I'm still a rookie with iMacros, I've made some solid progress in navigating and extracting needed Web info. Now I'm stuck.
In particular, I am trying to simulate the advancement to the last page of a report. In the default recording mode, an image button is identified for generating the report. When I play the recording, the image button is not found. When I view the raw html, the image button is not present either. I've tried all of the possible iMacro recording options but nothing has worked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some details: I/E 11, iMacros 11, Windows 7
I'm using the standalone iMacro product.
esullivan

Re: Navigating a Report Page

by chivracq on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:51 pm

esullivan wrote:While I'm still a rookie with iMacros, I've made some solid progress in navigating and extracting needed Web info. Now I'm stuck.
In particular, I am trying to simulate the advancement to the last page of a report. In the default recording mode, an image button is identified for generating the report. When I play the recording, the image button is not found. When I view the raw html, the image button is not present either. I've tried all of the possible iMacro recording options but nothing has worked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some details:
Code: Select all
I/E 11,
iMacros 11,
Windows 7

I'm using the standalone iMacro product.

Yeah but I'm afraid there is not much we can do to try to help you without the URL to your Site/Page and your Script...
Or is maybe everything within some PDF Report...?, or some Flash Object...?, iMacros cannot interact within a PDF Report, and only the DS Mode can interact with Flash Objects...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by esullivan on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:13 am

Well, it's not a PDF file and it's not Flash. It appears to me that JavaScript and hidden input fields are being used.
I can't share the Web page because it's password protected but here's a sample of the related JS...

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
(function() {var fn = function() {$get("scriptManager_HiddenField").value = '';Sys.Application.remove_init(fn);};Sys.Application.add_init(fn);})();bobj.crv.stateManager.setComponentState('CRViewer__UI',eval('('+document.getElementById('__CRYSTALSTATECRViewer').value+')'));
WebForm_InitCallback();new bobj.crv.ViewerListener('CRViewer__UI',new bobj.crv.AspDotNetAdapter("__doPostBack('CRViewer','VIEW-CONTEXT')", "VIEW-CONTEXT", "__CRYSTALSTATECRViewer","WebForm_DoCallback('CRViewer','arg','cb','ctx','errcb',true)","4.0.30319.34280"));Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
$create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"UpdatePanel1","displayAfter":500,"dynamicLayout":true}, null, null, $get("UpdateProgress1"));
});
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
$create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"updatepnlChangePlayers","displayAfter":500,"dynamicLayout":true}, null, null, $get("UpdateProgress2"));
});
//]]>
</script>
Not sure how to navigate thru this code...
esullivan

by chivracq on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:14 pm

esullivan wrote:Well, it's not a PDF file and it's not Flash. It appears to me that JavaScript and hidden input fields are being used.
I can't share the Web page because it's password protected but here's a sample of the related JS...
Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
(function() {var fn = function() {$get("scriptManager_HiddenField").value = '';Sys.Application.remove_init(fn);};Sys.Application.add_init(fn);})();bobj.crv.stateManager.setComponentState('CRViewer__UI',eval('('+document.getElementById('__CRYSTALSTATECRViewer').value+')'));
WebForm_InitCallback();new bobj.crv.ViewerListener('CRViewer__UI',new bobj.crv.AspDotNetAdapter("__doPostBack('CRViewer','VIEW-CONTEXT')", "VIEW-CONTEXT", "__CRYSTALSTATECRViewer","WebForm_DoCallback('CRViewer','arg','cb','ctx','errcb',true)","4.0.30319.34280"));Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"UpdatePanel1","displayAfter":500,"dynamicLayout":true}, null, null, $get("UpdateProgress1"));
});
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"updatepnlChangePlayers","displayAfter":500,"dynamicLayout":true}, null, null, $get("UpdateProgress2"));
});
//]]>
</script>

Not sure how to navigate thru this code...

Hum, doesn't help me much either, ah-ah...!
Try to find some Online 'Crystal Reports' Demo Report where you can reproduce your Pb then I can try to have a look...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by esullivan on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:13 am

Turns out that this was a frame issue. Once I positioned the script to point to the right frame, all was well.
esullivan

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping