E-mail triggers Website - Assistance Appreciated

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

E-mail triggers Website - Assistance Appreciated

by orbatrin on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Ok, so what i'm attempting to accomplish is to scan my gmail for a specific subject line and if available then go to a URL and login automatically. I also want it to check if the website is already logged in and if not than login (website times out after like 10-20 minutes or so). What I have written so far is the macro opens up my gmail, clicks on an e-mail with a subject verbiage that I have provided then I open a 2nd Tab, navigate to the URL and Login. All this works however the below is what im missing that i'm unable to figure out:

1 - Scan gmail until the e-mail with that specific subject line is available (I dont actually need to click on the e-mail, i just need to know its available as this will be my trigger to navigate to a website).
2 - If e-mail available, navigate to the website but if the site directs me back to the login page than login (I have the login macro all setup just need to know how to identify if website is logged in or not).
3 - I dont want the macro to keep looping through if an e-mail is found and the website is open. only loop (scan) if e-mail not available and website (tab-2) closed.

Below is what I have so far. If anyone could provide assistance that would be appreciated. BTW, my gmail is set to Basic HTML as I read that would be better for iMacro. I'm open to opinions on this as well.

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
'Check e-mail/open e-mail
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1rmx10yed8z4p/?&
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN FORM=NAME:f ATTR=TXT:*<SP>email<SP>subject<SP>verbiage.<SP>*

'Open a new tab and navigate to website of my choice
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://www.WebsiteExample/AgentDashboard.html/dashboard

'Enter login information and enter site
SIZE X=1172 Y=583
WAIT SECONDS=2.72
DS CMD=CLICK X=524 Y=173 CONTENT=
DS CMD=KEY CONTENT=MyUserName
DS CMD=CLICK X=505 Y=230 CONTENT=
DS CMD=KEY CONTENT=MyPassword
DS CMD=CLICK X=596 Y=281 CONTENT=
WAIT SECONDS=5

System Info:
iMacro v.10.02.2823
iMacro Browser - Stealth Mode (identify as native Internet Explorer)
Windows 10 Pro
Last edited by orbatrin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
orbatrin

Re: E-mail triggers Website - Automation HELP

by chivracq on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:04 am

orbatrin wrote:Ok, so what i'm attempting to accomplish is to scan my gmail for a specific subject line and if available then go to a URL and login automatically. I also want it to check if the website is already logged in and if not than login (website times out after like 10-20 minutes or so). What I have written so far is the macro opens up my gmail, clicks on an e-mail with a subject verbiage that I have provided then I open a 2nd Tab, navigate to the URL and Login. All this works however the below is what im missing that i'm unable to figure out:

1 - Scan gmail until the e-mail with that specific subject line is available (I dont actually need to click on the e-mail, i just need to know its available as this will be my trigger to navigate to a website).
2 - If e-mail available, navigate to the website but if the site directs me back to the login page than login (I have the login macro all setup just need to know how to identify if website is logged in or not).
3 - I dont want the macro to keep looping through if an e-mail is found and the website is open. only loop (scan) if e-mail not available and website (tab-2) closed.

Below is what I have so far. If anyone could provide assistance that would be appreciated. BTW, my gmail is set to Basic HTML as I read that would be better for iMacro. I'm open to opinions on this as well.

VERSION BUILD=10022823
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN FORM=NAME:f ATTR=TXT:*<SP>email<SP>subject<SP>verbiage.<SP>*

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2

SIZE X=1172 Y=583
WAIT SECONDS=2.72
WAIT SECONDS=5

Hum..., willing to help you but you would first need to finish your previous Thread from nearly 2 years ago a bit neatly...
I guess I never reacted as you didn't mention your FCI, just like your FCI is incomplete and not completely clear in this current Thread and I'm usually "allergic" to "HELP" as well, especially in Capitals in a Thread Title like you do again in this current Thread, + "Automation" is useless as well, all Threads on the Forum are about "Automation Help", and I usually ignore Threads with such "useless" Terms, ah-ah...!

But for your previous Thread, either you still have the Pb, then you should have bumped it a long time ago already, and then I would have reacted about missing FCI (read my Sig), or you managed to solve your Pb by yourself (hopefully...!) or from some other Forum, but you are then expected to share your Solution with your final working Script to finish your Thread "neatly" and useful for other Users... :roll:
(And don't even think of simply deleting your previous Thread, ah-ah...!, that's a "Show-stopper" for me...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by orbatrin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 pm

chivracq wrote:
orbatrin wrote:Ok, so what i'm attempting to accomplish is to scan my gmail for a specific subject line and if available then go to a URL and login automatically. I also want it to check if the website is already logged in and if not than login (website times out after like 10-20 minutes or so). What I have written so far is the macro opens up my gmail, clicks on an e-mail with a subject verbiage that I have provided then I open a 2nd Tab, navigate to the URL and Login. All this works however the below is what im missing that i'm unable to figure out:

VERSION BUILD=10022823
TAB T=1

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2

SIZE X=1172 Y=583
WAIT SECONDS=2.72
WAIT SECONDS=5

Hum..., willing to help you but you would first need to finish your previous Thread from nearly 2 years ago a bit neatly...
I guess I never reacted as you didn't mention your FCI, just like your FCI is incomplete and not completely clear in this current Thread and I'm usually "allergic" to "HELP" as well, especially in Capitals in a Thread Title like you do again in this current Thread, + "Automation" is useless as well, all Threads on the Forum are about "Automation Help", and I usually ignore Threads with such "useless" Terms, ah-ah...!

But for your previous Thread, either you still have the Pb, then you should have bumped it a long time ago already, and then I would have reacted about missing FCI (read my Sig), or you managed to solve your Pb by yourself (hopefully...!) or from some other Forum, but you are then expected to share your Solution with your final working Script to finish your Thread "neatly" and useful for other Users... :roll:
(And don't even think of simply deleting your previous Thread, ah-ah...!, that's a "Show-stopper" for me...)

Considering not a single reply back on my first thread, not even someone of your nature regardless if its related to my post or not - I dont have have use for it anymore so i'll just go back and delete it altogether. Considering you replied to this thread criticizing my post, i'll take that as your willing to help. I hope you appreciate my updated subject line and also the system details you were requesting (which i agree with, that should have been provided originally).
orbatrin

by chivracq on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:40 pm

orbatrin wrote:Considering not a single reply back on my first thread, not even someone of your nature regardless if its related to my post or not - I dont have have use for it anymore so i'll just go back and delete it altogether. Considering you replied to this thread criticizing my post, i'll take that as your willing to help. I hope you appreciate my updated subject line and also the system details you were requesting (which i agree with, that should have been provided originally).

System Info:
iMacro v.10.02.2823
iMacro Browser - Stealth Mode (identify as native Internet Explorer)
Windows 10 Pro

OK, perfect for FCI in this current Thread, now do the same for your previous Thread and finish it "neatly" by sharing the Solution that you used, I guess you managed to find a Solution...
"Assistance needed" in your Thread Title is not better than "Automation Help", it doesn't add any "Descriptive Content" about what your Thread will be about, all Threads are about Help and Assistance unless you are sharing a 'HowTo', try searching the Forum for similar Threads using those Keywords to try to find a Solution, well, good luck... (But OK, never mind if that part is too complicated, I won't make a "Drama" about it..., ah-ah...!, the rest of your Thread Title is simply perfect already, more important for me are FCI mentioned + Follow-up and Sharing Solution for all Threads...)

"Considering you replied to this thread criticizing my post", well "criticizing" as you call it is to give you some Feedback on how to use the Forum "a bit correctly" to prevent this Thread from rotting like what happened to your first one as you never bumped it...
I am actually trying and willing to help, like i do for everybody using this Forum but I strive to a certain "Level of Quality", but if you feel offended by my previous Reply, just ignore it and good luck with other (Advanced) Users that might accept less "strict" Criteria...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

Re: E-mail triggers Website - Assistance Appreciated

by chivracq on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Hum, mini-extra-Feedback after the "Susceptibility" that I felt in your previous Reply...:
If using iMB v10 "now" (= Jan 2017), which is an old Version (Current Version is/was v11 since, but since less than 1 month I think, v11.5 now), already a few years old, I guess you were using it already 2 years ago when you opened your previous Thread, and I guess you got the Answer to your previous Thread thanks to your License for this Commercial Version and the Solution you got from TechSupport, that you never shared with the Forum Community btw, I would think that 2 years later your License is still valid for iMB v10, meaning you don't really need us on the Forum to help you as the Forum is more (Free) Users helping (Free) Users, and you are in the "luxury" Position of using the Commercial Version of iMacros which entitles you to Extended Support with your Support License...!
(I actually don't really understand why you need the Forum to help you if you have access to TechSup... :? (But the Forum is always happy if you can share any Solution...))
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:32 am

chivracq wrote:(I actually don't really understand why you need the Forum to help you if you have access to TechSup... :? (But the Forum is always happy if you can share any Solution...))

Oh...!, just happened to check the Support Page for some other Thread and it seems that Ticket Support from TechSup for the Commercial Editions is only for 1 year (now...?). (I thought I remembered it was for "Lifetime", but I could be wrong as I've never used the iMB and I don't check this Support Page very often...)
Professional Edition Support
One year of expert technical support is included with the iMacros Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, and the iMacros WebBrowser Component for .NET products. We guarantee a 24 hour response time during working days. Typically we respond in less than 6 hours during weekdays. If required, our support engineers call back and/or use remote control software to diagnose issues on the spot.

But anyway..., my "primary" Point is that a Call was made to the Forum 2 years ago with a Thread and that this Thread was not handled (by OP) "correctly"...
chivracq

by orbatrin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:01 am

chivracq wrote:
chivracq wrote:(I actually don't really understand why you need the Forum to help you if you have access to TechSup... :? (But the Forum is always happy if you can share any Solution...))

Oh...!, just happened to check the Support Page for some other Thread and it seems that Ticket Support from TechSup for the Commercial Editions is only for 1 year (now...?). (I thought I remembered it was for "Lifetime", but I could be wrong as I've never used the iMB and I don't check this Support Page very often...)
Professional Edition Support
One year of expert technical support is included with the iMacros Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, and the iMacros WebBrowser Component for .NET products. We guarantee a 24 hour response time during working days. Typically we respond in less than 6 hours during weekdays. If required, our support engineers call back and/or use remote control software to diagnose issues on the spot.

But anyway..., my "primary" Point is that a Call was made to the Forum 2 years ago with a Thread and that this Thread was not handled (by OP) "correctly"...

If I didn't know any better, I would say at this point your just trolling my post. You managed to successfully waste your time talking about version numbers and tech support and other nonsense which isn't really your business. What I do with my product and who I ask for support is really my business only. If you are not able to assist me with my initial problem or at least point me in the right direction or even talk about something that's relatively related to my post than I don't see any need for you here. With time, i'll figure it out myself.
orbatrin

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping