New to E-commerce website Extraction, where do i begin

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

New to E-commerce website Extraction, where do i begin

by tomkure on Fri May 26, 2017 3:28 am

Hello

I have a massive project with extracting products from E-Commerce websites

What i need to do

Select Each product in a given category to open Detail page and extract information(Text or Image)
Select pagination where there are more than one page in one category and continue on next page

Are there any tutorial/video lessons available that explain process

I have knowledge with HTML/XPath etc., I just need to find some example how to cycle through an E-Commerce site

Any help will be appreciated

Tom
tomkure

Re: New to E-commerce website Extraction, where do i begin

by chivracq on Sun May 28, 2017 5:15 am

tomkure wrote:Hello

I have a massive project with extracting products from E-Commerce websites

What i need to do

Select Each product in a given category to open Detail page and extract information(Text or Image)
Select pagination where there are more than one page in one category and continue on next page

Are there any tutorial/video lessons available that explain process

I have knowledge with HTML/XPath etc., I just need to find some example how to cycle through an E-Commerce site

Any help will be appreciated

Tom

CIM...! :mrgreen:
(Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)

But hum..., not following up on your previous Thread(s) (from more than 6 months ago) is always a bit of a "Show-Stopper" for me to want to help Users (again)..., and I had told you I (and the Forum Community) would be interested by the Answer from TechSup/Sales... If you want some Help from the Forum Community, you need to use the Forum "a bit correctly"... :idea:
Even if, hum..., you had been "unlucky" to open your Thread at the exact moment the Forum had to be restored from some Back-up from a few hours earlier, losing a few Posts/Threads, so it's possible that your Reply had been lost as well in the "Process"..., even if hum..., no, not possible as I had posted after the Recovery... But it would nice anyway if you could finish your previous Thread a bit "neatly" and useful for other Users as well...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping