iMacros Ajax Extract

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

iMacros Ajax Extract

by jretmann on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Just getting started and having some success with several macros. Then....this AJAX issue showed up. I have not had any success extracting the data returned by the AJAX code. TAG doesn't seem to get the job done. The data that I am attempting to extract is not visible in the page source but is visible when I 'inspect' the element. I've added a screen shot of the the code that is visible using 'inspect element' and have outlined the data I am hoping to extract. Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated. ---Jerry
Currently working on a Mac using Firefox and iMacros version 9030808
iMacros_Ajax_Query_Return.jpg
jretmann

Re: iMacros Ajax Extract

by chivracq on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:02 am

jretmann wrote:Just getting started and having some success with several macros. Then....this AJAX issue showed up. I have not had any success extracting the data returned by the AJAX code. TAG doesn't seem to get the job done. The data that I am attempting to extract is not visible in the page source but is visible when I 'inspect' the element. I've added a screen shot of the the code that is visible using 'inspect element' and have outlined the data I am hoping to extract. Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated. ---Jerry

Currently working on a
Code: Select all
Mac using Firefox and iMacros version 9030808

iMacros_Ajax_Query_Return.jpg

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros v9.0.3 for FF, FF54...?, MacOS.

Yeah, "Suggestion of the day": Provide the URL and the Script you tried to use to extract which Elements, "TAG doesn't seem to get the job done." is pretty vague..., and there is not much we can do to help you without being able to look at the Page with the Info you provide... What is the Pb and what did you try...? If the 'TAG' Mode records "stg", then there must be a way to extract your Data...

And provide in "clear text" which Fields you want to extract with a concrete Example... (Easier than trying to "decode" your '.jpg'...)

The Table on your 'Inspect Element' Screenshot looks pretty "standard" to me btw... "The data that I am attempting to extract is not visible in the page source...", sounds a bit strange, maybe it's in a Frame...? (But don't worry, don't need to (try to) answer this Qt if I can have a look at the Page myself...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by chivracq on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 pm

(Just mentioning that I've edited my previous Reply a bit..., as I see that you've checked your Thread in the meantime... 8) )
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by jretmann on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Thanks much for the clue about FRAMES. The problem wasn't AJX related. All good now! Appreciate the prompt and 'on target' reply. :D
jretmann

by chivracq on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 pm

jretmann wrote:Thanks much for the clue about FRAMES. The problem wasn't AJX related. All good now! Appreciate the prompt and 'on target' reply. :D

Okay, good to hear... :D

Well..., "on target" (hum, sounds a bit funny... :oops: ) was a bit like trying to catch a fish with a medieval sword while being blindfolded, Thanks for the Update but I won't try to help you next time if you don't provide pro-actively all Required Info to have a "clear Picture" of the "whole Situation", which was definitely not the case in this current Thread... :idea:
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping