Help with entering URL with date variable

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Help with entering URL with date variable

by tsbob on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi all,

i'm just begin with iMacros (using internet explorer addon) and trying to make a script where the first command is to go to a specific url witch include a time variable like this:

http://www.XXX.com/XXX/Index?startDate="Last Sunday Date"&endDate="Today's Date"

I would like the macros to find and add the last sunday's and today's date in this URL, does somebody have any idea how to do that ?

Thanks
tsbob

Re: Help with entering URL with date variable

by serbeer on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:38 pm

tsbob wrote:Hi all,

i'm just begin with iMacros (using internet explorer addon) and trying to make a script where the first command is to go to a specific url witch include a time variable like this:

http://www.XXX.com/XXX/Index?startDate="Last Sunday Date"&endDate="Today's Date"

I would like the macros to find and add the last sunday's and today's date in this URL, does somebody have any idea how to do that ?

Thanks

Of course, without FCI, it is hard to advice, but if you use Firefox, I'd pesonally would use javascript .js macro (instead of .iim) that would generate the URL statement to run and use free javascript Moment library to get the dates you are interested in for the statement.
serbeer

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping