Error 1910 Cannot locate Target Web Brower Window or Frame

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Error 1910 Cannot locate Target Web Brower Window or Frame

by shaves on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:56 pm

I have an Excel macro that uses iMacros to download a file from one of our company's applications to the "C:\ Temp folder. The macro then opens the file, extracts the info, writes it to an Excel workbook. and then deletes the download file. It cycles through a list of invoices and does this routine invoice by invoice. Once we upgraded to iMacros 10.3 and Internet Explorer 11, I've started to see a the following error message:

Error - 1910: Error 1910 Cannot locate Target Web Brower Window or Frame.

The macro is supposed to click on a tab or button at this point (but it won't / can't). It's like it can't find the browser window. I can pull up the browser and then click on the appropriate object and the application does what it is supposed to do. I've used this same macro before and never had this problem until we got iMacros 10.3 and Internet Explorer 11.

VBA
Excel 2010
Internet Explorer 11
iMacros 10.3
Windows 7

Any suggestions on how to fix this or what is causing this issue would be appreciated. Thanks for the help....
Last edited by shaves on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaves

Re: Error 1910 Cannot locate Taqrget Web Brower Window or Fr

by jadesoftinc on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 pm

I am having the same problem using IE 11, automating SharePoint using the API from Access VBA. Sometimes the macro works, other times I get the mysterious 1910 at the very first TAG cmd, and sometimes also the Error -1000: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..
I am using 10.x b/c my license does not allow upgrade to the latest version. Definitely not willing to shell out $500 for ipswitch to provide a bug fix.

The info dump: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.34014
Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.17631
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
iMacros Browser (x86) version 10.0.0.2738
------------------------------------------------------------
Mozilla Firefox version 31.0 (x86 en-US)
Auxiliary Libraries:
iMacros Direct Screen (iimds) 10.0.0.12
iimir (iimir) 6, 3, 0, 1
iMacros Image Recognition (iimIRm) 2.0.0.31
imsys (imsys) 10.0.0.0
Scripting Interface Libraries:
iMacros IE Scripting Connector (iimConnector) 10.0.0.113
iMacros FX Connector (iimFirefoxConnector) 2.0.0.10
iMacros Scripting Interface (iimInterface) 9.0.0.111
iMacros FX&Cr Scripting (imtcp) 1.0.0.680
User Settings:
Split = ac
FolderLogs = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\Logs
FolderDownloads = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\Downloads
IsUpgrade = False
EncryptionPasswordMode = No
NewWindowBehavior = Tabs
InterfaceType = fxr
PlaybackSpeed = Fast
TimeoutPage = 60
FolderDataSources = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\DataSources
FolderMacros = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\Macros
jadesoftinc

Re: Error 1910 Cannot locate Target Web Brower Window or Fr

by chivracq on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:32 pm

jadesoftinc wrote:I am having the same problem using IE 11, automating SharePoint using the API from Access VBA. Sometimes the macro works, other times I get the mysterious 1910 at the very first TAG cmd, and sometimes also the Error -1000: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..
I am using 10.x b/c my license does not allow upgrade to the latest version. Definitely not willing to shell out $500 for ipswitch to provide a bug fix.

The info dump:
Code: Select all
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.34014
Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.17631
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
iMacros Browser (x86) version 10.0.0.2738
Mozilla Firefox version 31.0 (x86 en-US)
Auxiliary Libraries:
iMacros Direct Screen (iimds) 10.0.0.12
iimir (iimir) 6, 3, 0, 1
iMacros Image Recognition (iimIRm) 2.0.0.31
imsys (imsys) 10.0.0.0
Scripting Interface Libraries:
iMacros IE Scripting Connector (iimConnector) 10.0.0.113
iMacros FX Connector (iimFirefoxConnector) 2.0.0.10
iMacros Scripting Interface (iimInterface) 9.0.0.111
iMacros FX&Cr Scripting (imtcp) 1.0.0.680
User Settings:
Split = ac
FolderLogs = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\Logs
FolderDownloads = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\Downloads
IsUpgrade = False
EncryptionPasswordMode = No
NewWindowBehavior = Tabs
InterfaceType = fxr
PlaybackSpeed = Fast
TimeoutPage = 60
FolderDataSources = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\DataSources
FolderMacros = d:\Users\Norman\Documents\iMacros\Macros

I've corrected the typo in the Title of my Post to make is easier for other Users with the same Pb to find the Thread, would be nice if 'shaves' could correct his/her original Thread Title... (I'm always suspicious with the Coding Skills of People who can't type 3 words without making a spelling mistake or a typo... (and don't bother checking...), Runtime Engines are always very-VeRy-VERY stupid for that... :idea:

But, 'jadesfotinc', I would say, even if you don't have a "Lifetime License" for the iMacros Browser, you are at v10.0 and 'shaves' is "already" at v10.3 and encounters the same Pb, I would think you are entitled to open a Ticket with TechSupport (and post here the Results for other Users). TechSupport came on the Forum yesterday but apparently didn't notice 'shaves''s Thread which is already from 6 days ago...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by jadesoftinc on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Unfortunately I do have a "lifetime License", and to my dismay, it is now for legacy versions only. When you pay your 1k or .5k, you do not get lifetime upgrades unfortunately. I paid for mine in 2013 and kept up with all new releases. When I installed 10.1x, the upgrade process told me my "lifetime" license is dead for anything beyond 10.0x...it would be interesting to hear the justification for calling my license for ever mnore buggy software is a "lifetime license" O well, I don't blame them, they have to keep a steady stream of revenue, but my solutions grow more and more unstable as time goes on with no recourse, unless I want to buy a 2nd "lifetime" :)
jadesoftinc

by chivracq on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:58 pm

jadesoftinc wrote:Unfortunately I do have a "lifetime License", and to my dismay, it is now for legacy versions only. When you pay your 1k or .5k, you do not get lifetime upgrades unfortunately. I paid for mine in 2013 and kept up with all new releases. When I installed 10.1x, the upgrade process told me my "lifetime" license is dead for anything beyond 10.0x...it would be interesting to hear the justification for calling my license for ever mnore buggy software is a "lifetime license" O well, I don't blame them, they have to keep a steady stream of revenue, but my solutions grow more and more unstable as time goes on with no recourse, unless I want to buy a 2nd "lifetime" :)

Just open a Ticket with TechSupport concerning your Problem and mention your Concerns/refer to this Thread, I think they are always trying their best to solve Customers' Problems with iMacros... (I'm just another (a bit Advanced) User myself, but I don't use the iMacros Browser...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by jadesoftinc on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I myself gave up on iMacros after the "lifetime" treatment. It was always just a question of economy of effort anyway whether I use their tool or just code the solutions myself, even when I was happy with the product. I am not going to bother.
jadesoftinc

Return to Scripting and Command Line Interface