[SOLVED] javascript slows down over the period of time

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

[SOLVED] javascript slows down over the period of time

by loveu on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:52 pm

VERSION BUILD=8881205 RECORDER=FX
Browser: Firefox 35.0.1

After doing some research i found only 1 post that mentions the problem i am facing with now.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2019 ... e-scraping

After about 30 min (for me as well) the script becomes very slow, like the global replayspeed is set to medium.

The interesting part is that the issue does not affect the macros , only the javascript of the the code.
So basically playing the macros is just normal and when the macro ends and the javascript starts everything becomes very slow.
I will upload a video tomorrow to represent the issue.

This problem never happens with IIM files, only js for me.

Also The CPU usage becomes constantly 99% for Firefox.

Can you dear support advise me how can i solve the issue?

Thanks
Last edited by loveu on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
loveu

Re: javascript hangs or slows down over the period of time

by chivracq on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:33 am

loveu wrote:OS: Windows XP
VERSION BUILD=8881205 RECORDER=FX
Browser: Firefox 35.0.1

After doing some research i found only 1 post that mentions the problem i am facing with now.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2019 ... e-scraping

After about 30 min (for me as well) the script becomes very slow, like the global replayspeed is set to medium.

The interesting part is that the issue does not affect the macros , only the javascript of the the code.
So basically playing the macros is just normal and when the macro ends and the javascript starts everything becomes very slow.
I will upload a video tomorrow to represent the issue.

This problem never happens with IIM files, only js for me.

Also The CPU usage becomes constantly 99% for Firefox.

Can you dear support advise me how can i solve the issue?

Thanks

Hum..., yep but the Thread you refer to on Stackoverflow is from Jan 2014 (about 1 year old) and although no Config Info is mentioned at all, it corresponds with the time around FF30 and iMacros v8.8.3/v8.8.4 that was hit indeed with slow Replay Speed for .js Scripts but got solved in a later Version of iMacros (v8.8.5 I think) and for sure in your Version v8.8.8.

The best Advice I could give you (at this moment) is to use Pale Moon instead of FF (which is "famous" for poor Memory Management and Memory Leaks for Scripts running for a while) as Pale Moon is optimized for Performance and I don't see any Memory Leaks like in FF, even after hours or even days...

I currently use Pale Moon v24.6.2 on WinXP SP3, with iMacros for FF v8.8.2.
:!: Important: :!: v8.8.2 is the last Version that works on Pale Moon (you can download it from the Mozilla Add-ons Archive for iMacros), but make sure to disable Automatic Updates for iMacros otherwise it will update within no time to v8.8.8 which doesn't work on PM due to some major Changes in FF30 that forced some Changes as well in iMacros for FF from v8.8.3 and all later Versions don't work anymore on PM...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by loveu on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:53 am

And what do you know about "Light firefox"?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/

Seems promising for me.
loveu

by loveu on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:00 am

I think i just found the solution!!!
Manage-->Settings--> Uncheck "Show javascript during replay"
My scrips became waaaay faster.

Thanks for your reply,
Mods, feel free to close the thread.
loveu

by chivracq on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:11 am

loveu wrote:And what do you know about "Light firefox"?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/

Seems promising for me.

Yep, maybe..., I haven't tried it (yet), as I'm already very happy with Pale Moon compared to "plain" Firefox...

I usually have 3 or 4 Instances of PM running at the same time (same Profile) with 150-200 Tabs of which around 50 Tabs really loaded, 2 or 3 .iim Macros running in parallel and 1 JavaScript (non iMacros) running 24/7 (on a Win7-x64 Laptop, I limit it to 1 or 2 Instance(s) with Max 50 Tabs in total on my WinXP Laptop) and I only need to reload PM every 2 or 3 days and I reboot maybe once every 2 weeks...

loveu wrote:I think i just found the solution!!!
Manage-->Settings--> Uncheck "Show javascript during replay"
My scrips became waaaay faster.

Thanks for your reply,
Mods, feel free to close the thread.

Yep, that can help improve Speed but it shouldn't make such a big difference after only 30 min of your Script running...

Threads don't get closed on this Forum, but you can add '[SOLVED]' to your original Thread Title to make this Thread easier to find for other Users..., like the one who opened this Thread for example... (which I won't answer because he didn't bother to read the Forum Rules...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: [SOLVED] javascript slows down over the period of time

by loveu on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm

BTW the wiki mentions it:

By default each Javascript step is shown during replay. This option is useful for testing and debugging, but it slows down the Javascript execution artificially. To run Javascript at its normal (very fast) speed please uncheck this option.

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Firefox#Javascript_Scripting_Interface
loveu

Re: [SOLVED] javascript slows down over the period of time

by loveu on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Chivracq,

I did not find any option to PM you, so i will post it here.
If you uncheck the mentioned checkbox and play a .js file, are you able to stop it?
I just can't...

I have no time and resources to test it out on other systems, that why i ask you.
In case it is buggy for you as well, would you mind report it to the support team?
loveu

Return to Scripting and Command Line Interface