CLEAR command disrupt macro script

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

by daviany234 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi,

VERSION BUILD=8910303 RECORDER=FX
Firefox browser version : 36
Included demos work ok.

i have recorded a macro to input username and password in https://login.alibaba.com/ using the experimental even mode. the demo script works perfectly. When i include the CLEAR command in the script i get the below error.

RuntimeError: Can not locate element specified by selector "#fm-login-id", line 6 (Error code: -921)

Code: Select all
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://login.alibaba.com/
FRAME F=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#fm-login-id" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#fm-login-id" CHARS="danieljones605@myself.com"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#fm-login-password" BUTTON=0
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#fm-login-password" CHARS="saintsura234"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#fm-login-submit" BUTTON=0

script with CLEAR command

TAB T=1
CLEAR
FRAME F=1
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#fm-login-id" CHARS="danieljones623@mail.com"
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
Last edited by daviany234 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
daviany234

Re: CLEAR command disrupt macro script

by chivracq on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:02 pm

daviany234 wrote:Hi,

VERSION BUILD=8890130 RECORDER=FX
Firefox browser version : 36
Included demos work ok.

i have recorded a macro to input username and password in https://login.alibaba.com/ using the experimental even mode. the demo script works perfectly. When i include the CLEAR command in the script i get the below error.

RuntimeError: Can not locate element specified by selector "#fm-login-id", line 6 (Error code: -921)

TAB T=1
FRAME F=1
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#fm-login-id" CHARS="danieljones605@myself.com"
SET !ENCRYPTION NO

script with CLEAR command
TAB T=1
CLEAR
FRAME F=1
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#fm-login-id" CHARS="danieljones623@mail.com"
SET !ENCRYPTION NO

Grrr...!, difficult to follow you, read your Post and realize that it is very difficult to follow for sbd trying to understand your Question/Problem, even if you finally understood to mention your FCI, your Thread Title is perfect, and you even managed to read the Forum Rules and to mention if the Demo-Macros work, and you post your Script with URL... (Very good...!), but there is no need to include all your Scripts TWICE, both with 'QUOTE' and 'CODE' Tags, 'QUOTE' is for quoting sbd else, for a Script you just use 'CODE'...

Why do you now have a complete different Config than earlier this afternoon?:
(Update the other Thread otherwise as well if you have updated both FF and iMacros in the meantime...)
- Re: unable to enter text in username and password box
daviany234 wrote:I am using FF29, and version 8820413. I actually had the latest FF but downgraded when the script was not working . I had the script working 3 years ago but apparently there is an upgrade on the http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/cont ... =200221041 website.

If using FF36 now, you should update to v8.9.1... (v8.8.9 has several Bugs..., we wouldn't be 2 Versions further otherwise...!)

I'm not doing any Testing on your 2 Threads until your Config is Clear...
(Sorry, I've already wasted quite too much time trying to educate you how to use a TECHNICAL Forum..., I'm starting to lose interest... (Without mentioning that you've been all the time posting your Threads in the wrong Sub-Forum...! But don't duplicate now, I see that as SPAM and that is a Show-Killer for me, but do it right the next time...!))
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by daviany234 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:22 pm

I am indeed very thankfull for your support. Please dont give up on me i am just eager to ensure the script work. I visited addons website for firefox and the only update available is version 8.8.9 so I have no idea where I will get v8.9.1.
daviany234

by chivracq on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:05 am

daviany234 wrote:I am indeed very thankfull for your support. Please dont give up on me i am just eager to ensure the script work. I visited addons website for firefox and the only update available is version 8.8.9 so I have no idea where I will get v8.9.1.

Ah OK, hum, then that means that TechSupport/Dev haven't pushed the last Version yet to the Mozilla Add-ons Archive, you can download it from the 'iMacros Version History' Page.

But I will first look into your other Problem, even if it still mentions iMacros v8.8.2 for FF and FF29 (Grrr...), I don't use any 'CLEAR' in my Scripts and I don't like to issue any 'CLEAR' on my PC, but we had a Problem recently a few weeks ago with 'CLEAR', I think it was when FF35 came, but we have many Users who do use 'CLEAR' and will be shouting very soon if there is really a Pb with 'CLEAR', I would even be surprised if you'd been the first one to report it...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by daviany234 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:46 am

Thanks for the response. I have updated the imacro to v8.9.1. Why i need the CLEAR command to be active is because i want all cookies cleared before i use another username and password to login to same site otherwise any message sent with the new login will not be delivered to the recipient. If you have other ways to do this effectively kindly inform.
daviany234

Return to Scripting and Command Line Interface