LinkedIn scraping > extract name/surname and link

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

LinkedIn scraping > extract name/surname and link

by george_abitbol on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:31 am

Hi,

I would like to extract the name/surname, Job Title/company, location and link when doing an advanced search on LinkedIn. I can get the job title/company and the location but I struggle to get the missing infos (name/surname and link).

My code:

Code: Select all
  for (nbr_profile = 1; nbr_profile <= 10; nbr_profile++) {
          // Extract name and surname
      macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:title EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';
          // Extract Job title + Company
    macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:description EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';
          // Extract location
    macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=DD ATTR=CLASS:separator EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';
          // Extract link from profile
    macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:main-headline EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';

macro += 'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=/Users/kevinjoffard/Desktop/LinkedinExtract FILE=linkedin-group-extract.csv' + '\n';
  }

Do you know where I am wrong? What can I do to solve it?

Thank you,
iMacros for Firefox 8.9.6
Firefox 43.0.4
OSX 10.11.3
george_abitbol

Re: LinkedIn scraping > extract name/surname and link

by chivracq on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:33 pm

george_abitbol wrote:Hi,

I would like to extract the name/surname, Job Title/company, location and link when doing an advanced search on LinkedIn. I can get the job title/company and the location but I struggle to get the missing infos (name/surname and link).

My code:

for (nbr_profile = 1; nbr_profile <= 10; nbr_profile++) {
          // Extract name and surname
      macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:title EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';
          // Extract Job title + Company
    macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:description EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';
          // Extract location
    macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=DD ATTR=CLASS:separator EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';
          // Extract link from profile
    macro += 'TAG POS=' + nbr_profile + ' TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:main-headline EXTRACT=TXT' + '\n';

macro += 'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=/Users/kevinjoffard/Desktop/LinkedinExtract FILE=linkedin-group-extract.csv' + '\n';
  }

Do you know where I am wrong? What can I do to solve it?

Thank you,

Firefox 43.0.4
OSX 10.11.3

Ah..., OK, you've added your FCI..., I may have a look then...
(Even if FCI in your Sig only reflects your Current FCI as you only have one Dynamic Sig for the whole Forum and you should hard-code it in your OP like I did in my Quote...)
Bump your Thread again in 1 or 2 days if I haven't responded (again) if I forget about it as I will be the last Poster..., I might forget, depending on how many new Threads and if I dig into any of them...

Hum, and funny to see that you are a Fan of 'George Abitbol', I do Underground Film Programming in Amsterdam and I screened once (about 3 years ago) "La Classe Americaine", one of my Top-Top-Favorites...! Oops...!
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by george_abitbol on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:30 am

So I guess both of us are fan of this film! Did you have time to check what's going wrong in my code?

Thanks!
Firefox 43.0.4
OSX 10.11.3
george_abitbol

by george_abitbol on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:20 pm

up :mrgreen:
Firefox 43.0.4
OSX 10.11.3
george_abitbol

by chivracq on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:14 am

Hum..., I had not forgotten you and I was willing to give a look at your Script (and it took me a while to locate your Thread again as you posted in a wrong Sub-Forum...) but you are using this cumbersome Construction of on the fly generated Macros... If your Pb is that you don't manage to extract some specific Data, you must make sure your Script works first in pure '.iim' before converting it to an on the fly Macro in a '.js' Script, I'm not reconverting it back to pure '.iim' to have a look, sorry...

+ What is not working about "name/surname and link"...?

And your OP doesn't contain any URL to start from...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Scripting and Command Line Interface