How Do I Get VBA to Work With iMacros?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

How Do I Get VBA to Work With iMacros?

by eryksd on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Hello,

FCIM:

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
VERSION BUILD=8961227

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 7 English (American)

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Firefox 43.0.4

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
Demo macros work, but I couldn't find a way to do what I'm trying to do (more of a general methodology question).

5. If reporting a problem with the Scripting Interface, please also test if the included VBS sample scripts run ok.
No VBS scripts

6. If recording or replay fails on a specific website: Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the imacro that creates the problem? If you can not post the imacro or login data in the public user forum, please email it to support AT iopus DOT com and mention your forum post in the email.
If specific login info needed, please let me know. But my question pertains to a text box in general, any text box on any website would serve well as an example.

7. Do you encounter the same problem with the iMacros Browser, iMacros for Internet Explorer and iMacros for Firefox? Note: If your question is specifically about iMacros for Firefox or iMacros for Chrome, please use their sub-forums.
Browser works fine, just looking to ask about methodology and whether there is a specific capability of iMacros

----------------------------

Question:

Total noob question, but I can't figure out how to use iMacros from a VBA script.

When I try to use the sample code given on the forums for VBA, I get "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object", for the line "Set imacros = CreateObject("imacros")"

Am I supposed to define some library or do any other tasks before calling iMacros from a VBA script? I'm new to both iMacros and VBA still.

I have the trial version, downloaded it about 2 weeks ago, I believe it should still be able to have VBA capability
eryksd

Re: How Do I Get VBA to Work With iMacros?

by ybot on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:51 pm

try:
Code: Select all
Set imacros = GetObject(, "iMacros")

Note "iMacros" is probably case sensitive as the Create and GetObject functions are just VBA calls to native C functions and C is case sensitive.
Also, make sure you've defined imacros as an object first:
Dim imacros as Object
Set imacros = GetObject(, "iMacros")

But you could probably try CreateObject with the correct case and it might work - or combine the two:
    Dim iMacros As Object
    On Error GoTo ObjectExistsError
    Set iMacros = CreateObject("iMacros")
    On Error GoTo LaterError

Exit Sub
    '--
ObjectExistsError:

Set iMacros = GetObject(, "iMacros")

Resume Next
    '--
LaterError: