iimPlay reference error: iimPlay is not defined

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

iimPlay reference error: iimPlay is not defined

by hayder78 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:02 am

Hi there,

I am getting this error for this simple macro :

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var retcode; retcode = iimPlay('URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/');")

Windows 10 pro 64
I tried FF latest version with iMacros latest version. Tried iMacros for chrome. Tried FF in Ubuntu 14 LTS. All with no luck!

Search for around 5 hours for this error and it seems a few others experiencing the same. But a LOT of examples of using iimPlay inside javascript is just like mine and it should work.

I have exhausted all remedies that I can think of.

Basically, I want to use iimPlay to use if statement. I don't know any other way to use a conditional statement in iMacros.

If a > b then do this Macro

If there is any other way to avoid running Macro from inside javascript, I will be delighted to know.

What's wrong with my code above? Is it that iimPlay is no longer supported or did I miss something?

Any help is really really appreciated!!
hayder78

Re: iimPlay reference error: iimPlay is not defined

by chivracq on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:26 pm

hayder78 wrote:Hi there,

I am getting this error for this simple macro :

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var retcode; retcode = iimPlay('URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/');")

Windows 10 pro 64
I tried FF latest version with iMacros latest version. Tried iMacros for chrome. Tried FF in Ubuntu 14 LTS. All with no luck!

Search for around 5 hours for this error and it seems a few others experiencing the same. But a LOT of examples of using iimPlay inside javascript is just like mine and it should work.

I have exhausted all remedies that I can think of.

Basically, I want to use iimPlay to use if statement. I don't know any other way to use a conditional statement in iMacros.

If there is any other way to avoid running Macro from inside javascript, I will be delighted to know.

What's wrong with my code above? Is it that iimPlay is no longer supported or did I miss something?

Any help is really really appreciated!!

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
Your Config is a bit unclear, v8.9.6 from your Script is not a "Standard" Version, v8.9.7 would be, well, unless you disabled automatic Updates and deliberately stayed at v8.9.6 but you should mention it...
FF Version is missing.
And "latest version" is always vague, you currently have 4 "latest Versions" only for iMacros, and usually as well 3-4-5 "latest Versions" for FF, which gives a Matrix of 12-16-20 possible FCI's to choose from, without saying that "latest Version" won't mean anything to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...
I guess you mean v9.0.3 by "latest Version", pretty buggy and not reliable, v8.9.7 is the "latest" stable Version...
=> "Unclear" FCI: iMacros for FF v8.9.6...?, FF47-49...?, Win10-Pro_x64.

But OK, your main Qt is actually a bit funny, don't get offended, ah-ah...!, but 'iimPlay()' is an iMacros Command/Function that you can only use when running a '.js' Script from the iMacros for FF Add-on (or the Scripting Interface) and the '.iim' 'EVAL()' Command allows you to execute nearly any "Standard" JavaScript Code/Commands/Functions supported by the FF JavaScript Runtime Engine (which doesn't know anything about iMacros...!).

Hum, and "iimPlay('URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/');" is sowieso wrong, you need to use 'iimPlayCode()' of 'iimPlay("CODE:")'.

If you want to check that your 'URL GOTO' loaded correctly, you can better tag and extract some HTML Element that will appear on the Page once loaded.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want / are asking, if you mean avoiding '.js' Scripts, you can have a look at the following Thread where I explained several Techniques to achieve Conditional Behaviour in pure '.iim':
- Workarounds for Conditional Logic in Macro Code

Your overall Post is a bit vague to be honest, give more Details on what you want to do exactly, then we can help you further...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Scripting and Command Line Interface