Launch iMacros from Python, get result back to Python

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Launch iMacros from Python, get result back to Python

by mrjoenobody on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:41 am

Hi,

I will like to know if from Python and with a Web browser like Google Chrome which have the plugin iMacros installed, can do the following:

- Call a iMacro script from Python, then save data or return me a web page result back to Python
- I will not run this iMacros script in Windows nor in a Mac, not in Unix, but most of the time in Android

thanks

MrJoeNobody
mrjoenobody

Re: Launch iMacros from Python, get result back to Python

by chivracq on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:14 pm

mrjoenobody wrote:Hi,

I will like to know if from Python and with a Web browser like Google Chrome which have the plugin iMacros installed, can do the following:

- Call a iMacro script from Python, then save data or return me a web page result back to Python
- I will not run this iMacros script in Windows nor in a Mac, not in Unix, but most of the time in Android

thanks

MrJoeNobody

- launch in Python iMacros script in Openelec env?
mrjoenobody wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to use Python to launch an iMacros on a web browser which have iMacros plugin on a Openelec Environment ?

thanks

Yeah but you don't need to go kind of spamming the Forum directly by opening more or less Duplicate Threads, your second Thread looks very similar to your first one to me...? :roll:
If I'm correct, you can delete your second Thread (as long as nobody has posted in it after you or it will be deleted/merged with this one) and you can include any supplementary Info in this current, like as well: FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

For your Qt, launching an iMacros Macro from Python or any Programming Language can be done using the iMacros Scripting Interface that comes with the iMacros Enterprise Edition, but it is only supported on Win32/64 Environment I think, so I think that won't be a Solution for you if you want to run it on Android (I'm already nearly surprised you managed to install iMacros for CR on Android, good news actually) and I don't know what this 'Openelec' is...?, I might then have some other Solution, but I will elaborate once you've "demystified"/"justified" the 2 (same?) Threads en mentioned your FCI...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to Scripting and Command Line Interface