inserting whitespace between two variables

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

inserting whitespace between two variables

by juicytuna on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:49 am

I'm reading the values for 'first name' {{!COL1}} and 'second name' {{!COL2}} from a csv file. I need to enter these two values into a 'full name' form input box.
How can I combine {{!COL1}} and {{!COL2}} so that they are separated by white space? I've tried;
{{!COL1}}+{{!COL2}},
{{!COL1}} {{!COL2}}

but to no avail. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
juicytuna

Re: inserting whitespace between two variables

by Tech Support on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:14 pm

{{!COL1}}<SP>{{!COL2}}

When assigning values to the CONTENT parameter of any iMacro command all whitespaces in the text must be substituted by <SP> and all newlines must be substituted by <BR>.
Tech Support

Re: inserting whitespace between two variables

by juicytuna on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks, that worked a treat!
juicytuna

Return to General Support & Discussions