recorded macros when run gets __undefined__

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

recorded macros when run gets __undefined__

by scylla on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 am

Hi All,

I recorded a macro that enters in a spin text into a form. When I go to play back the macro I get multiple __undefined__ entries.

My info:
imacros version 7.4.0.4
Windows 7 64bit English
Firefox 7.0.1
all other macros work fine - just not this one recorded
I will email details to support as per FAQ on how to post.

Here is one line example that causes this:
Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:farticlesadd ATTR=ID:x_title CONTENT={{What<SP>You<SP>Should<SP>Know<SP>About<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Before<SP>You<SP>Take<SP>Any<SP>Weight<SP>loss<SP>Pills<SP>You<SP>Need<SP>This<SP>Information|Before<SP>You<SP>Take<SP>Pills<SP>To<SP>Lose<SP>Weight<SP>You<SP>Should<SP>Learn<SP>This|Tablets<SP>For<SP>Losing<SP>Weight-Are<SP>They<SP>A<SP>Good<SP>Idea|Should<SP>You<SP>Take<SP>Pills<SP>In<SP>Order<SP>To<SP>Lose<SP>Fat}|{The<SP>Pluses<SP>and<SP>Minuses<SP>of<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|There<SP>Are<SP>Good<SP>Points<SP>To<SP>Weight<SP>Loss<SP>Pills<SP>And<SP>Also<SP>Bad<SP>Points|Pills<SP>To<SP>Lose<SP>Weight<SP>Have<SP>Positive<SP>As<SP>Well<SP>As<SP>Negative<SP>Aspects|Losing<SP>Weight<SP>Can<SP>Be<SP>Done<SP>With<SP>Or<SP>Without<SP>Tablets|Slimming<SP>Down<SP>With<SP>Pills<SP>Might<SP>Be<SP>Easy<SP>And<SP>It<SP>Might<SP>Not}|{Important<SP>Information<SP>About<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Crucial<SP>Facts<SP>Regarding<SP>Weight<SP>Reduction<SP>Pills|Valuable<SP>Counsel<SP>on<SP>Pills<SP>for<SP>Weight<SP>Loss|Essential<SP>Info<SP>Around<SP>Weight<SP>Loss<SP>Supplements|Information<SP>on<SP>Fat<SP>Reduction<SP>Pills<SP>that<SP>is<SP>Imperative<SP>to<SP>Know}|{How<SP>to<SP>Decide<SP>if<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>Are<SP>Right<SP>For<SP>You|Deciding<SP>Whether<SP>or<SP>not<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Pills<SP>are<SP>the<SP>Right<SP>Choice|Are<SP>Weight<SP>Loss<SP>Pills<SP>the<SP>Right<SP>Way<SP>to<SP>Go<SP>for<SP>You?|Making<SP>the<SP>Decision<SP>Towards<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>or<SP>Not|By<SP>What<SP>Means<SP>Should<SP>You<SP>Determine<SP>if<SP>Fat<SP>Disappearance<SP>Pills<SP>Are<SP>the<SP>Answer<SP>For<SP>You<SP>Personally}|{How<SP>To<SP>Choose<SP>The<SP>Best<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>-<SP>Which<SP>Ones<SP>Are<SP>The<SP>Best|How<SP>To<SP>Determine<SP>Which<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>Will<SP>Work<SP>Best<SP>For<SP>You|Reasons<SP>You<SP>Should<SP>Choose<SP>Certain<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Why<SP>Certain<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>Are<SP>Better<SP>Than<SP>Others}}

I don't know what to do since it was the iMacros recorder that made this macro file and it does not work on re-play.

Thanks in advance for help.
scylla

Re: recorded macros when run gets __undefined__

by scylla on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:29 pm

I just tested in IE9 using iMacros 7 and it worked so looks like macro is fine,just issue with firefox (and maybe other non-IE platforms).
scylla

by Tom, Tech Support on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi Glenn,

It might be because you are surrounding the entire CONTENT value with {{ and }}. iMacros uses this character combination to reference variables, so iMacros for Firefox might be getting confused. Can you try it without the {{ and }} at the beginning and end of the CONTENT value and see what happens?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by scylla on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hi Glenn,

It might be because you are surrounding the entire CONTENT value with {{ and }}. iMacros uses this character combination to reference variables, so iMacros for Firefox might be getting confused. Can you try it without the {{ and }} at the beginning and end of the CONTENT value and see what happens?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.

The spin text has multiple levels of spintax. If I remove the {{ }} it breaks the spintax. Is there a way to do an escape type character?

Also -- why does it work on the IE version then?
scylla

by Tom, Tech Support on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:18 pm

You could try doing it like this:

Code: Select all
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/f1/form.asp
SET !VAR1 {{
SET !VAR2 }}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Remarks CONTENT={{!VAR1}}What<SP>You<SP>Should<SP>Know<SP>About<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Before<SP>You<SP>Take<SP>Any<SP>Weight<SP>loss<SP>Pills<SP>You<SP>Need<SP>This<SP>Information|Before<SP>You<SP>Take<SP>Pills<SP>To<SP>Lose<SP>Weight<SP>You<SP>Should<SP>Learn<SP>This|Tablets<SP>For<SP>Losing<SP>Weight-Are<SP>They<SP>A<SP>Good<SP>Idea|Should<SP>You<SP>Take<SP>Pills<SP>In<SP>Order<SP>To<SP>Lose<SP>Fat}|{The<SP>Pluses<SP>and<SP>Minuses<SP>of<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|There<SP>Are<SP>Good<SP>Points<SP>To<SP>Weight<SP>Loss<SP>Pills<SP>And<SP>Also<SP>Bad<SP>Points|Pills<SP>To<SP>Lose<SP>Weight<SP>Have<SP>Positive<SP>As<SP>Well<SP>As<SP>Negative<SP>Aspects|Losing<SP>Weight<SP>Can<SP>Be<SP>Done<SP>With<SP>Or<SP>Without<SP>Tablets|Slimming<SP>Down<SP>With<SP>Pills<SP>Might<SP>Be<SP>Easy<SP>And<SP>It<SP>Might<SP>Not}|{Important<SP>Information<SP>About<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Crucial<SP>Facts<SP>Regarding<SP>Weight<SP>Reduction<SP>Pills|Valuable<SP>Counsel<SP>on<SP>Pills<SP>for<SP>Weight<SP>Loss|Essential<SP>Info<SP>Around<SP>Weight<SP>Loss<SP>Supplements|Information<SP>on<SP>Fat<SP>Reduction<SP>Pills<SP>that<SP>is<SP>Imperative<SP>to<SP>Know}|{How<SP>to<SP>Decide<SP>if<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>Are<SP>Right<SP>For<SP>You|Deciding<SP>Whether<SP>or<SP>not<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Pills<SP>are<SP>the<SP>Right<SP>Choice|Are<SP>Weight<SP>Loss<SP>Pills<SP>the<SP>Right<SP>Way<SP>to<SP>Go<SP>for<SP>You?|Making<SP>the<SP>Decision<SP>Towards<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>or<SP>Not|By<SP>What<SP>Means<SP>Should<SP>You<SP>Determine<SP>if<SP>Fat<SP>Disappearance<SP>Pills<SP>Are<SP>the<SP>Answer<SP>For<SP>You<SP>Personally}|{How<SP>To<SP>Choose<SP>The<SP>Best<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>-<SP>Which<SP>Ones<SP>Are<SP>The<SP>Best|How<SP>To<SP>Determine<SP>Which<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>Will<SP>Work<SP>Best<SP>For<SP>You|Reasons<SP>You<SP>Should<SP>Choose<SP>Certain<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets|Why<SP>Certain<SP>Fat<SP>Loss<SP>Tablets<SP>Are<SP>Better<SP>Than<SP>Others{{!VAR2}}
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by Tom, Tech Support on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:31 pm

scylla wrote:Also -- why does it work on the IE version then?
Quite simply because they are implemented differently, they don't share the exact same code base. While we try to make the versions as compatible as possible, they are not going to behave 100% exactly the same in all scenarios.

I have, however, logged this particular issue for further investigation by the development team, but let me know if the workaround I suggested is acceptable for you.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by scylla on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the help.

Again, removing the {{ and }} won't work as the multi-level spintax would be broken.
scylla

by Tom, Tech Support on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Did you try running my example macro? The {{ and }} still end up in the text field.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by scylla on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Tom,

Using the Var1 and Var 2 does fix it.

I have much longer sets of text with lots of {{ }}, so hopefully a future version of firefox can auto-magically, when recording, do these steps!

At least I have a work around that works in firefox, thanks a ton!
scylla

by Tom, Tech Support on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:14 am

iMacros also supports the #NOVAR# syntax to force {{somevalue}} in the CONTENT parameter to be treated as a literal value and not a variable reference:

http://wiki.imacros.net/Form_Filling#Variables
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Return to iMacros for Firefox