Firefox 16 remove support for "java" DOM object

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Re: Firefox 16 remove support for "java" DOM object

by Colibry on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

This is all great skippito and thank you a lot.

I've manage to make step 1 in understanding this XPCOM . I just made a code that reads from a file on C drive. Now I will use this documents some more and learn new stuff.
Colibry

Re: Firefox 16 remove support for "java" DOM object

by vt2011 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 am

Hi,
I was searching for hours why the working java code does not work anymore after upgrading FF.
I use the following function in javascript to open a window browser and select a file with java. Can you please tell me if it is possible to use XPCOM object to open a window browser and select a file similar to the function below ? thanks in advance :
function loadFile() {
var frame = new java.awt.Frame();
var fileDialog = new java.awt.FileDialog(frame, "Browse File", java.awt.FileDialog.LOAD);
frame.setAlwaysOnTop(true);
frame.setFocusableWindowState(true);

fileDialog.toBack();
fileDialog.toFront();
fileDialog.requestFocusInWindow();

fileDialog.setVisible(true);
var getDirectory = new java.awt.FileDialog(frame);
var filename_full_path = fileDialog.getDirectory() + fileDialog.getFile();
// alert('You selected: ' + filename);
return filename_full_path;
}
vt2011