Double Modifiers in Event Mode?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Double Modifiers in Event Mode?

by viking on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:24 pm

The following works fine in FF v47 (iMacros 8.9.7, OS WIN7-64bit):
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* Char="f" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
(it opens the search box)

How do I specify double modifiers, e.g. ctrl-shift-f ?
I tried:
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* Char="f" MODIFIERS="ctrl,shift"
and
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* Char="f" MODIFIERS="[ctrl,shift]"
but neither worked :(
(It would have opened the search box for an addon "Fastest Search")
viking

Re: Double Modifiers in Event Mode?

by chivracq on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:03 am

viking wrote:The following works fine in FF v47 (iMacros 8.9.7, OS WIN7-64bit):
Code: Select all

I tried:

and

Ah-ah...!, funny to see some sudden multiple interest in Multiple Modifiers, some other User had the same Qt yesterday and managed to find the Solution upon searching my Posts on "EVENT Mode Double Modifiers" like I recommended:
- Keypress 3 keys together

But hum..., your 2nd Syntax, with Square Brackets, should be the correct one...
But hum-hum..., what is 'Ctrl^Shift^f' supposed to do...? It doesn't trigger anything for me on Pale Moon v26.1.1 nor FF46...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by viking on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:01 am

chivracq wrote:
viking wrote:The following works fine in FF v47 (iMacros 8.9.7, OS WIN7-64bit):

I tried:

and

Ah-ah...!, funny to see some sudden multiple interest in Multiple Modifiers, some other User had the same Qt yesterday and managed to find the Solution upon searching my Posts on "EVENT Mode Double Modifiers" like I recommended:

But hum-hum..., what is 'Ctrl^Shift^f' supposed to do...? It doesn't trigger anything for me on Pale Moon v26.1.1 nor FF46...

As I mentioned above, It would have opened the search box for an addon "Fastest Search" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... st-search/)
viking

by chivracq on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:42 am

viking wrote:
chivracq wrote:Ah-ah...!, funny to see some sudden multiple interest in Multiple Modifiers, some other User had the same Qt yesterday and managed to find the Solution upon searching my Posts on "EVENT Mode Double Modifiers" like I recommended:

As I mentioned above, It would have opened the search box for an addon "Fastest Search" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... st-search/)

Oh sorry, I had missed that bit of Info... :oops:

Dunno, it should/could work, it works for the "Standard" 'Ctrl^f' Searchbox as I mentioned in your 'Ctrl^v' parallel Thread, I would expect it to work as well for your Add-on, even if there is a supplementary "Layer" in the Handling, coming from the Add-on, so that could play a role...

I know that some Fn Keys don't work in the EVENT Mode, especially with Shift/Ctrl/Alt, 'Alt^F4' for example doesn't work...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by viking on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 am

I tried
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* Char="k" MODIFIERS="[ctrl,shift]"
and it works (opened the developer tools)

Not sure why
doesn't work for the Fastest Search addon.

I tried another automation tool "Automate" (http://www.networkautomation.com/) which can also send keystrokes to the Browser.
This worked fine; sending ctrl-shift-f opens the Fastest Search window.

It seems that iMarcos keystroke simulation has some flaws.....
viking

by Tom, Tech Support on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 am

Hi viking,

iMacros EVENT works fine with double modifiers, as you mentioned in your example to open the developer tools. I also tried it with Ctrl+Shift+B to open the Bookmarks window and that works as well. I suspected that it might not work to open windows created by other add-ons, so I tried it with Ctrl+Shift+O to open my Xmarks Settings window, and that also works.

So my feeling at this point is that the issue is specific to the Fastest Search add-on that you are using. I tried it myself with Fastest Search and it also does not work.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by viking on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:58 am

Hi Tom,

Any way that the developer can look into improving the Keystroke simulation with the EVENT mode? It would be very useful for many applications.
As I mentioned, the "Automate" software works great to open "Fastest Search" and many other keystroke simulations, but not everyone has "Automate", and it is not always as convenient to use for Browser specific uses.

It would also be helpful if a more complete documentation for the EVENT mode could be published. For example, how would a user know to use "[ctrl,shift]" for a double modifier? I only found out because of work by chivracq and others.

TIA!
viking

by Tom, Tech Support on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:27 am

Yes, the documentation certainly needs to be improved. I'll log the issue for the development team, but I wouldn't hold your breath on expecting an improvement anytime soon.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

by chivracq on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Yes, the documentation certainly needs to be improved. I'll log the issue for the development team, but I wouldn't hold your breath on expecting an improvement anytime soon.

Yes-yes, you can hold your breath...! I've been holding mine since Sept 2013 (and bumped that Thread many times since) and it seems like it finally worked, the Wiki got finally updated yesterday and the 'MODIFIERS' Parameter is even mentioned now, woaw...! OK, Examples for it and Double Modifiers are indeed still missing, but that's already a big-big Improvement...!

In the Thread I referred to, I maintain a List of Relevant Threads for the EVENT Mode (Bugs + EnhReq's + Tricks + Syntax) that I update from time to time... (even if hum, Last Update = Octb 2014 for that List, I guess I could add a few other Threads to the List...!):
- Feedback and Issues on EVENT Recording Mode.
I posted the Syntax about Double Modifiers more than 2 years ago already for example... :shock:
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox