issues with MOUSEDOWN/Up record/Play

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

issues with MOUSEDOWN/Up record/Play

by green.pine on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 am

Imacros v8.9.7,
FF ver 55.0.3, 32 bit,
Win 7, 32 bit

Hello;
I am trying to make a click works, I am working on this for more than a hour, and still no luck,
appreciate your help;

I set my Imacros to "Event Recording Mode"
this is the code on page:
Code: Select all
<div id="form-buttons">
<div role="button" class="goog-inline-block jfk-button jfk-button-action" tabindex="0" style="-moz-user-select: none; outline: 1px solid blue;">Save</div>

and this the result of recording;

EVENT TYPE=MOUSEDOWN SELECTOR="#form-buttons>DIV" BUTTON=0
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
EVENT TYPE=MOUSEUP POINT="(663,670)"

When I click the SAVE button, a pop will appear with OK button to click,
when I play it , it does not work,

I tried to play the first button (save), it did work half the way, and the OK pop up did not appear,
I don't know Jquery, so need help on this on Imacro.

the site that I tried the recording is in the setting area of google,
trying to change the result per page to 50 or more and save it, so I have problem in saving the setting.

https://www.google.com/preferences?hl=en&prev=https://www.google.com/search?num%3D50%26source%3Dhp%26q%3Dreal%2Bestate%2Bagents%2Bin%2Bcalifornia%26oq%3Dreal%2Bestate%2Bagents%2Bin%2Bcalifornia%26gs_l%3Dpsy-ab.3..0l4j0i22i30k1l6.1652.10349.0.10714.32.24.0.0.0.0.816.2055.5-2j1.3.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..29.3.2050....0.kU6x-8crf9A

Thanks for your hlep;
Last edited by green.pine on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
green.pine

Re: click not work, help needed please

by chivracq on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:43 am

green.pine wrote:
Imacros v8.9.7 on FF ver 55.0.3 32-bit, Win 7 32

Hello;
I am trying to make a click works, I am working on this for more than a hour, and still no luck,
appreciate your help;

I set my Imacros to "Event Recording Mode"
this is the code on page:
<div id="form-buttons">
<div role="button" class="goog-inline-block jfk-button jfk-button-action" tabindex="0" style="-moz-user-select: none; outline: 1px solid blue;">Save</div>

and this the result of recording;

EVENT TYPE=MOUSEDOWN SELECTOR="#form-buttons>DIV" BUTTON=0
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
EVENT TYPE=MOUSEUP POINT="(663,670)"

When I click the SAVE button, a pop will appear with OK button to click,
when I play it , it does not work,

I tried to play the first button (save), it did work half the way, and the OK pop up did not appear,
I don't know Jquery, so need help on this on Imacro.

the site that I tried the recording is in the setting area of google,
trying to change the result per page to 50 or more and save it, so I have problem in saving the setting.

https://www.google.com/preferences?hl=en&prev=https://www.google.com/search?num%3D50%26source%3Dhp%26q%3Dreal%2Bestate%2Bagents%2Bin%2Bcalifornia%26oq%3Dreal%2Bestate%2Bagents%2Bin%2Bcalifornia%26gs_l%3Dpsy-ab.3..0l4j0i22i30k1l6.1652.10349.0.10714.32.24.0.0.0.0.816.2055.5-2j1.3.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..29.3.2050....0.kU6x-8crf9A

Thanks for your hlep;

:arrow: Yeah but sorry, Thread Title is a bit "useless" (= Non-Descriptive), well, the "help needed..." part is completely useless, ah-ah...!, all Threads on the Forum are about "help needed"..., I don't read... :roll:
Try searching the Forum for similar Threads using "click not work, help needed please" as Keywords..., well..., good luck...! :idea:

:arrow: Hum..., and mentioning your FCI in your Sig in fine, but you should still hard-code it in your OP when you open a Thread, as you only have one dynamic Sig for the whole Forum, and it will look a bit confusing to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years once you'll have updated your Env (and edited your Sig)... (Or even sbd reading one of your old Threads from 2011...) :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: click not work, help needed please

by chivracq on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:28 pm

Hum, no Reply while you checked the Thread in the meantime (and modified your Sig as well), I've had a look at your Case and Site and done some mini-Testing already..., well..., never trust me when I use "mini"..., ah-ah...!, but OK, no Follow-up..., sorry I won't post any of my Results until you've improved the Qlt of your Thread Title, I still don't have a Clue if your Pb is about the Slider for the [10-20-30-40-50-100] or the 'ONDIALOG' 'DIV' Popup on the 'Save'... :?
=> Yeah..., the "Click not work"..., grr completely useless Title...!! :twisted:

I thought I understood your Pb was about the 'Save' and the Popup but that part doesn't bring any Difficulty at all, while the Slider part is indeed a bit tricky... :?
But pfff, I want a clear and descriptive Thread Title about the real Content/Issue for me to post my "mini"-Testing... :idea:
(Hum..., and maybe not in 3 days, then I will have "lost" my Test Script, I won't start all over again from the Beg... I was "bored" today (made 2 new Scripts of a few 100s Lines today (120 & 370), all fine nearly directly) and had the time today, while I'm usually quite busy during WE's, but OK Amsterdam (NL) my City got taken over for the WE by all Bullshit_99 Commercial DJ's from the whole World, no place for me then, ah-ah...!), but anyway, pity you didn't follow up a bit quicker... :( )
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

Re: issues with MOUSEDOWN/Up record/Play

by green.pine on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 am

Unfortunately I could not find the solution throughout posts I have searched on this forum,
after I posted the problem I found a solution elsewhere,
for people who want to know the solution,
I just copied the line of mousedown code, and pasted it below the line, and change mousedown to mouseup, and it worked, little error but it is OK.

anyhow,chivracq, you are very picky to help people. :D ; hummm
I have checked other technical staff posts, they are not like that, :wink:
green.pine

by chivracq on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 pm

green.pine wrote:Unfortunately I could not find the solution throughout posts I have searched on this forum,
after I posted the problem I found a solution elsewhere,
for people who want to know the solution,
I just copied the line of mousedown code, and pasted it below the line, and change mousedown to mouseup, and it worked, little error but it is OK.

I have checked other technical staff posts, they are not like that, :wink:

OK, Thread Title is a bit better now indeed, so your Issue was indeed "really" about the 'Save' on the 'DIV' Popup..., OK... :o
But yep, what "stroke" me directly from your mini-Script is that the 'ONDIALOG' needs to be before the Statement that will trigger the Popup, which is in your Case the 'MOUSEDOWN' Statement indeed...
Your 2 'MOUSEDOWN' + 'MOUSEUP' Statements could probably be replaced by just one 'CLICK' Statement on the same 'Selector', which might be more reliable as it won't depend on the 'X/Y' Coordinates for the 'MOUSEUP' which sometimes can error a Script if the Window is resized or minimized... (You might want to make sure you use '!ERRORIGNORE' to avoid that...)

And the 'TAG' Mode seems to work fine as well for this Site for the 'Save' Button part..., you can combine different Modes in the same Script.

But hum, from the Testing I did on this Google Prefs Page, I had the "Feeling" your Script to set the Nb of Results per Page to 50 was not very reliable, especially if that Setting was already set to 50 when checking this Page (again)... But OK, if it works for you, then that's good enough, I guess... :)

"Interesting" HTML Structure of this Page btw, for the Slider, very similar and similarly tricky like the Slider in some previous Thread from a few months ago, about some Geo Site with a Zoom-Slider, with the same Hidden 'INPUT' Field that can be "silently" edited even if the Slider won't visibly "move", pity that other User didn't follow up anymore...

Hum..., yep, I know, I had a bit of a "strange day" and was in a "bad mood" yesterday, sorry about that... :oops:
I guess you're right, I can better ignore "Low Quality Threads" instead of trying to get Users to mention their FCI or to try to use the Forum "a bit correctly" and to share their Solution..., and getting "irritated" if they don't do so... OK, working on it, ah-ah...! :wink:
chivracq

by green.pine on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 am

Thanks for reply;
about the slider setting, I just recorded with a few clicks until it reaches to 100, and saved it, and it works fine.
about 'ONDIALOG' place, when I was recording it, as I clicked OK and watching the code area, the 'ONDIALOG' place switched it's place, so I let it be there,
and about the 'X/Y' Coordination setting, yes you are right, in one occasion I did zoom out browser while the macro was running, and it stuck when it reached to google setting.
green.pine

Return to General Support & Discussions