Submit button doesn t work

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Submit button doesn t work

by gabo007 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:24 am

Hi everyone

I wrote a script that basically update a field of a product filling the value on a text box. Then "press" the submit button of the page and the product should be updated. It apparently save the change because a message "the product was updated" appears. But when i see the product no change occurred.
If i manually update the product the update works fine. Recording the manual operation results in the same script that im executing. No errors occurrs, just doesnt update the information. Anybody had the same issue?

Since no error occurrs i think this is nos a version related issue but a script issue, anyway this is the config data:

Windows 10 Pro (32 bits) Spanish
Firefox 53.0 (32 bits) US
Imacros 8.9.7

I prefer replace the real url of the script, i replace by this:

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=THE_URL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:# ATTR=ID:search CONTENT=PRODUCT_CODE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:# ATTR=*
wait seconds=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/listings/modifModal ATTR=*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Update
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:form ATTR=ID:LENGTH CONTENT=25
wait seconds=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form ATTR=*

Could please anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel
gabo007

Re: Submit button doesn t work

by chivracq on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 am

gabo007 wrote:Hi everyone

I wrote a script that basically update a field of a product filling the value on a text box. Then "press" the submit button of the page and the product should be updated. It apparently save the change because a message "the product was updated" appears. But when i see the product no change occurred.
If i manually update the product the update works fine. Recording the manual operation results in the same script that im executing. No errors occurrs, just doesnt update the information. Anybody had the same issue?

Since no error occurrs i think this is nos a version related issue but a script issue, anyway this is the config data:

Code: Select all
Windows 10 Pro (32 bits) Spanish
Firefox 53.0 (32 bits)  US
Imacros 8.9.7

I prefer replace the real url of the script, i replace by this:

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=THE_URL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:# ATTR=ID:search CONTENT=PRODUCT_CODE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:# ATTR=*
wait seconds=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/listings/modifModal ATTR=*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Update
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:form ATTR=ID:LENGTH CONTENT=25
wait seconds=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form ATTR=*

Could please anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

FCI always needed when you open a Thread, at least for me to read, ah-ah...!
And hum, if you "think this is nos/not a version related issue", then your Post didn't belong to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum which is only for FF specific Threads, but OK, never mind, no need to duplicate now...

But hum..., strange Issue indeed..., especially if you get some Msg that the Product was updated..., and difficult to have some "educated' Opinion without being able to have a look at the Page/Site myself... Stg you could try is to replace your Click on the 'submit' Button with its Equivalent using the 'EVENT' Mode...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by gabo007 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks Chivracq by your reply!

You're rigth, this is not the correct forum for this post, sorry, i didn't realise. I just posted here because i use Firefox.

Before i wrote the post i read many of your answers to other post and saw the icm request many times, i thought that it was complete in my original message, what did i omit?

The real url is an ecommerce web that need to be logged in to arrive that page

I had already tried the event mode, and unffortunately obtained the same result :(

Any other suggestions? :roll:

Did the same thing happen to anyone?
gabo007

by chivracq on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:16 am

gabo007 wrote:Thanks Chivracq by your reply!

You're rigth, this is not the correct forum for this post, sorry, i didn't realise. I just posted here because i use Firefox.

Before i wrote the post i read many of your answers to other post and saw the icm request many times, i thought that it was complete in my original message, what did i omit?

The real url is an ecommerce web that need to be logged in to arrive that page

I had already tried the event mode, and unffortunately obtained the same result :(

Any other suggestions? :roll:

Did the same thing happen to anyone?

Yeah, don't worry about the Sub-Forum, it's good enough for this Thread...
And your FCI part was perfect, I only reacted to you mentioning that that Info was probably not needed, me saying then that if FCI is not mentioned, I simply don't read the Threads, and if I don't read, I don't answer, ah-ah...!

OK, strange-strange-strange...! The HTML Structure from this Site looks quite "Standard" to me from what I can "deduct" from your Script... If the Page says that the Product has been updated, then it should work...!

If you have some further Actions in your Script after the Click on the 'Submit'' Button, you could add some mini-'WAIT' Statement, maybe the Page first needs to auto-refresh and iMacros is maybe not aware of it, so you could add as well a "fake" 'TAG' on a few HTML Elements on the Page after the Update, starting by this Confirmation Msg, + maybe some "fake" Clicks on the Page using the 'EVENT' Mode together with some fake again 'MOUSEMOVE' in case the Page still expects (and checks for) some Mouse Activity from the User... (A mini Drag&Drop 'MOUSEMOVE' using the 'EVENT' Mode is the closest to some manual Mouse Activity by a User on a Page...)
And you can as well of course force a Reload/Refresh of the Page from your Script..., with 'REFRESH' or 'URL GOTO'...

But nobody has ever reported such a strange Behaviour like you describe... If it works, it works...! But tja...!, Web-Designers tend to want to add more and more "automated" Functionality happening from some Background JavaScript, and they can be very (badly...!) "Creative", and there is hardly no Limit with what is "Technically" possible... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox