Marktplaats description

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
makunouchi

Re: Marktplaats description

Post by makunouchi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 am

Hi Daniel,

I would like to try your suggestions for the marktplaats website, because I'm also interested in this. But there's a little problem.

I've tried several times Imacros v.7 but it crashes right after 1 minute. I reinstalled it a couple of times and the crashes kept coming back. I've sent the error report to Iopus and went back to a previous version of Imacros (v.6.9)

Daniel, Could you please explain how to fill the complete form on marktplaats with Imacros v6.9? Just like the other members in this thread I've also tried for hours. I believe that an expert like you can do the trick in minutes.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 am

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the delayed response! Unfortunately I don't use v6.9 anymore and I would recommend fixing v7 anyway.
Could you please tell me what is the error that you see when v7 crashes? Could you post a screen shot here? I'm sure we can get it fixed!

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
ImacrosUser

Post by ImacrosUser » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Daniel,

I tried your solution posted earlier in this topic. That works perfect for me, on iMacros v8.
Just one question, is there any way to add parts of the text in bold that way?

Let's say for example that I want to add this text in the editor field:

This is my bold text

I tried adding <b></b> tags in my text, but that just gets added as text, it doesn't process the markup tags.
I guess I need to simulate a click on the B icon for that, but that seems difficult to script if I want to automate items through a CSV file?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 pm

ImacrosUser,

Sorry for replying so late. This really depends. If the rich-text form allows html input, that should be easy enough, otherwise you would need to click the 'b' button.
Is the control you're trying to automate located on a public website? If so, I could see what's possible there, just give me a link.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
ImacrosUser

Post by ImacrosUser » Wed May 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Daniel,

The control is located on the same site that is discussed in this topic: http://www.marktplaats.nl
If you check my (single and closed) support ticket for a previous issue, you'll see a login that you can use to access the site.

If I automate the script using a csv file, I need to use double quotes to specify my values (otherwise I wouldn't be able to use a , character in my value). Because of this standard HTML tags don't seem to work.

Without double quotes it seems I can use HTML tags (I only tried with <br> and that worked), but I can't have commas in my values.
With double quotes it seems that HTML tags get part of the text and they are displayed as text, they're not being processed.

It would be nice to see that iMacros uses ; as the separator symbol, which is not that common to have in regular text.
It's the use of comma as the separator symbol that is blocking me on using HTML tags in the csv file.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed May 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi ImacrosUser,
ImacrosUser wrote:It would be nice to see that iMacros uses ; as the separator symbol, which is not that common to have in regular text.
It's the use of comma as the separator symbol that is blocking me on using HTML tags in the csv file.
You can configure iMacros to use regional settings for CSV files, and then configure the regional settings on your system to use a semicolon as a list separator.
Use regional settings in CSV files.png
Change List Separator.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ImacrosUser

Post by ImacrosUser » Thu May 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Tom,

I was not aware of that option.
I tried it and it works like a charm, thanks!
twynk

Post by twynk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 am

Im very interested also, to post several ads on "marktplaats". Who can help me out with this?