How to fill a Form included iFrame

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
phoenixjutom

How to fill a Form included iFrame

Post by phoenixjutom » Sun May 23, 2010 4:16 am

Hello everyone, because my english's not good.
I want to fill content a form included an editor, editor is iFrame, so my iMacro can't fill it.
Code iFrame:

Code: Select all

<iframe style="border: 2px inset; 
width: 640px; height: 250px;" tabindex="1" id="vB_Editor_001_iframe">kgyukklk</iframe>

Please help me :(( . THanks you very much
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: How to fill a Form included iFrame

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi,

This can be quite tricky... Could you please post the URL and short instruction on what needs to be filled-in, so that I can try it here?

Thanks,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Ebility

Post by Ebility » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Hello, I am bumping this topic because I've a simular problem.
I am trying to fill in an form with multiple fields. They all work fine except for 1.

This is a Textarea visible @ the following link: http://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/select_category.php
You can see the form I’m mean if you fill in some random info in the first form... "Antiek en Kunst" and then "Bestek"... When you need to fill in an email address, just fill in a fake one, it doesn’t matter.
In this picture, you'll see the Description field I would like to fill in automatically.

When you look at the source code, there is nothing weird and I can’t see that this is via an iframe. Only when I look at the code in FireBug, I see that the textarea is in an iframe.

Does anyone have a solution to fill in this field with imacro? You would really help me out.

I will provide pictures of the code in the browser and in Firebug below:

Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi Ebility,

I've only been able to get this to work with DirectScreen, which is available in the iMacros commercial editions.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7101044
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/select_category.php
SIZE X=796 Y=869
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD FORM=ID:mp_place_item ATTR=TXT:Sneller<SP>verkopen?<SP>Laat<SP>uw<SP>advertentie<SP>extra<SP>opvallen.
DS CMD=CLICK X=274 Y=575 CONTENT=Hello!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support