Can't use the prompt command properly

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nma1919

Can't use the prompt command properly

Post by nma1919 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 pm

What I want is to be prompted to enter data when I reach the "CONTENT=" section of the code so that I can input the time/dates myself and have the macro carry on after my input.

I know imacros has a prompt function, but I just can't seem to figure out how to use it. The wiki page for prompt didn't explain it well enough for me.

For this example I'm using it for a time sheet. Here is a sample code:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=ID:timesheet ATTR=ID:ToolbarTimelog1_ButtonNewTask
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:timesheet ATTR=ID:Table_WebPanelID0_StartTime1 CONTENT=6/28/2010<SP>8:00:00<SP>AM
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:timesheet ATTR=ID:Table_WebPanelID0_EndTime2 CONTENT=6/28/2010<SP>8:15:00<SP>AM
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:timesheet ATTR=ID:Table_WebPanelID0_Desc4 CONTENT=Input<SP>task<SP>here
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:timesheet ATTR=ID:Submit
I'm currently trying to wrap my head around this. I know it probably has something to do with the !VAR1 function but I'm drawing blanks.
nma1919

Re: Can't use the prompt command properly

Post by nma1919 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

I know this is probably something simple. Is there any sample source code that would show the "prompt" window?
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Can't use the prompt command properly

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Hello nma1919 ,

Try this:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=ID:timesheet ATTR=ID:ToolbarTimelog1_ButtonNewTask

PROMPT Please<SP>enter<SP>the<SP>start<SP>time: !VAR1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:timesheet ATTR=ID:Table_WebPanelID0_StartTime1 CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

PROMPT Please<SP>enter<SP>the<SP>end<SP>time: !VAR1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:timesheet ATTR=ID:Table_WebPanelID0_EndTime2 CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:timesheet ATTR=ID:Table_WebPanelID0_Desc4 CONTENT=Input<SP>task<SP>here
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:timesheet ATTR=ID:Submit
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support