Firefox click mode does not have Direct Screen option.

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
harrisonb

Firefox click mode does not have Direct Screen option.

Post by harrisonb » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 pm

I am using the newest versions I could find of both firefox and imacros. When I go to change my click mode to Direct Screen i do not have that option. I only have two options in the click mode menu. complete HTM or X/Y coordinates. I would like to map a Silverlight website and from what i am reading that is the only way to do it. any help would be appreciated.
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Firefox click mode does not have Direct Screen option.

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:08 am

Hello harrisonb,

The DirectScreen technology is only available in the professional editions of iMacros, and is only available in the iMacros Browser and Internet Explorer:

http://www.iopus.com/imacros/compare/all/

Also, most of the command references in our Wiki show a browser icon next to the command to show compatibility with that command:

http://wiki.imacros.net/DS
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
fastviper

Post by fastviper » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:37 pm

My company is considering iMacros purchase, so it's importand for us to know if above statement is still true.
We would like to use DS commands in Firefox under Linux in Scripting edition (or player).

No support for DS in Firefox makes iMacros not very useful to us. I'm also shocked that so importand piece of Scripting edition might not work ...
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 am

First, just in case you have not seen it yet, the iMacros Linux Scripting Interface has been released: http://wiki.imacros.net/Linux

In the next months you can also expect remote control of Chrome on Linux (and Mac, but that was not part of your question).

At the moment, DS and image recognition are supported in the iMacros Browser and Internet Explorer. We will add both features to iMacros for Firefox and iMacros for Chrome in the future. This is very high on our todo list, because then we support AJAX, Flash, Silverlight web testing in all major browser engines (IE -> Trident, Firefox -> Gecko, Chrome -> Webkit). It will be available on the Windows platform first (timeline not yet determined), but our long term goal is to have full support for all features on Win, Mac and Linux.

Last but not least, this will be a free upgrade for you as part of the upgrade protection that comes with every iMacros license.
fastviper

Post by fastviper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you for your answer. This is very bad news for us :(

We have a javascript htmleditor to test and only easy and cross-browser way to enter text is to use DS KEY commands.
Please do add DS to Firefox.

PS: Yes, I know htmleditors have textareas somewhere at the back, thank you ;)
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi!

Here is a status update on Directscreen for Firefox and Chrome:

There have been delays on this project, as we had to deal with other unexpected challenges, such us changing the Scripting Interface to make it compatible with recent Firefox API changes (completed now).

Having said that, DS for Firefox is on our todo list for this year. We plan to have a first version around November/December now.

On the positive side, we just released full TAB support for iMacros for Internet Explorer, including full Directscreen and image search support on all tabs.
512banque

Post by 512banque » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Tech Support wrote:
Having said that, DS for Firefox is on our todo list for this year. We plan to have a first version around November/December now.
Up :lol:
pompe à chaleur : chauffage aérothermique et géothermique.
climatisation : climatisation réversible pour fraîcheur en été.
DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 am

Still Now ?
rorcutt@mspot.com

Post by rorcutt@mspot.com » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:38 am

Any ETA on the DS feature for Firefox and Chrome?

Thank you.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 pm

DS support for Firefox and Chrome is taking longer than expected but we are actively working on it. We could have a beta available by the end of this year, but we can't make any promises!

Please note that DirectScreen will only be available in Firefox and Chrome with an Enterprise Edition license. The freeware versions will not support DirectScreen.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
fastviper

Post by fastviper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 am

Any news?
We'd like to start earning money with DS for Firefox..
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 am

Sorry, the implementation of DS for Firefox had to make a 90 degree turn, so to speak. A direct port of the DS technology in commercial iMacros is proving rather troublesome, so a new approach and a brand new recording mode is being testing that will hopefully allow us to simulate DS-like behavior in Firefox. We're still hoping to have a beta available by the end of the year, but it could take longer now that we had to start from scratch.

Another technology that soon will be available in iMacros for Firefox and Chrome is IMAGESEARCH. The implementation of this is complete and we are doing final testing.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
bobis

Post by bobis » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 pm

thanks! Great!
Get Best iMacros scripts at http://imacrosbot.com/
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi masush,

Thanks for the feedback!

I forgot to update this thread to announce that the beta of the new EVENTS recording mode in iMacros for Firefox is now available. You can read more about it in the following post:

iMacros for Firefox V8 BETA released
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support