Find TAG but don't activate it

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Scruff.R

Find TAG but don't activate it

Post by Scruff.R » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi folks,

I'm an iMacros newbie and would like to know if there is a way to only find a specific TAG but not activate it?
My problem is, that I have some dynamic websites where I need to find a certain TAG whos ATTRs are occuring rather often on that page. So the only way to get hold of it seems to find a uniquely identifable "parent" TAG and then use relative search (POS=R1). The crux now is, that I'm not allowed to select/activate that parent TAG, otherwise this would trigger a page reload.
I hope I've made my problem clear. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for any suggestions

Scruff.R
jbwocky

Re: Find TAG but don't activate it

Post by jbwocky » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi,

What you need to do in such cases, is add "EXTRACT=TXT" to the tag you want to use, but don't want to click.
That way you can use it as a reference element without actually "activating" it.
Scruff.R

Post by Scruff.R » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks jbwocky,

I'll try that.
Have I just overread that in the online description for TAG or is that really not mentioned directly?

Scruff.R
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support