removing quotes in excel column

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
davids

removing quotes in excel column

Post by davids » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:08 am

Hello,

I have a csv datasource file (created in excel) that has a column that contains 3-4 paragraphs within the text. When I read this column within imacros e.g. {{!COL3}}, it brings back the data with quotes before and after the text.

e.g. {{!COL3}}
"This is the text in paragraph1

This is the text in paragraph2

This is the text in paragraph 3"

Is there a way to remove the quotes from the beginning and end of the text within this excel column?

Thanks,

David
Tom, Tech Support

Re: removing quotes in excel column

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi David,
Is there a way to remove the quotes from the beginning and end of the text within this excel column?
Not automatically within the macro itself, but you could call your macro from the built-in Javascript scripting interface and parse out the quotes yourself.

Can you provide a sample of what your data file looks like? If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please email it to support AT iopus.com and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
siniy

Re: removing quotes in excel column

Post by siniy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

I had the same issue. Saving file with UTF-8 encoding helped.