Count Total Instances & Prompt Total

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jfj3rd

Count Total Instances & Prompt Total

Post by jfj3rd » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been assigned the task of creating an iMacro that counts the total instances of, "Search Impact Content Issue" tickets in a breadcrumb (1,2,3,4,5...) setup.

The following gets me to the beginning of the list and sorts by issue subject:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=http://crm/Marketing/Default.aspx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:Form1 ATTR=ID:IssueListDisplay1_selView CONTENT=%GAAct27
TAG POS=1 TYPE=B FORM=ID:Form1 ATTR=TXT:Subject
I then need it to find the first "Search Impact Content Issue" which may or may not be on the first page of the issue list.

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Search<SP>Impact<SP>Content<SP>Issue EXTRACT=TXT
I'm lost when it comes to getting the script moving from one issue to the next through the breadcrumb pages looking for those specific issues and adding them all up.

Can someone help me out with what the coding would look like moving from this point? I unfortunately don't have a website to send you to as it is all internal so whatever help can be provided would be helpful.

- John
--

Warmest Wishes,

John F. Jones III
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Count Total Instances & Prompt Total

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi John,

Take a look at the following solution for extracting listings from a yellow pages site. What you need sounds very similar (and perhaps a bit simpler) to this approach and you should be able to apply the same concepts.

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... =15#p33528

Note: This solution uses VBScript with the iMacros Browser. You can just as easily use the built-in Javascript scripting interface with iMacros for Firefox. The syntax will be different, but the logic is basically the same.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support