SavePDF Demo File not working

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Claudiu

SavePDF Demo File not working

Post by Claudiu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi,

----
ff version 3.5.16, version 3.6.13
imacros for ff version 6.6.5.0, version 7.0.3
----
the demo - download works
the demo - savepdf doesn't work // this is the one i really need to get to work. after it loads the 1st url, it clicks the download link, then the dialog box opens and from here the macro keeps running as if everything is ok, while the dialog box remains untouched. (is left open) when the macro ends, no error is displayed, no file is saved and the save dialog box is open.

Note! download and pdf dialog boxes are different from each other. the download is set for windows installer and the pdf is set for regular download
----
Video Demo
http://vimeo.com/17846790

i need to save a csv file that uses a button to trigger the download dialog box.
the content saveas target will not work here.

by using the firefox option > applications i've manged to set the csv file to be saved as pdf, but since the demo savepdf is not working, i'm stuck.

since the demo - download.iim works, i thought i should try to make firefox recognize the csv file as an windows installer file, but i can't find any guides on this on the net ...

i'd appreciate some input on this ..

please see the video above to get an ideea of how the save dialog box looks like
Tom, Tech Support

Re: SavePDF Demo File not working

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi Claudiu,

If you are attempting to download a CSV file and you have a direct link to the file, the best thing to do would be to use CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS with the TAG command for the link.

If you don't have a direct link to the file (which it sounds like it doesn't since you said it uses a button to trigger the download) then see if the information in the following post helps:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=0#p34974
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support