Post Count Increase... vbulletin...?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
centurion

Post Count Increase... vbulletin...?

Post by centurion » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi, I need to make an iMacro that will automatically write posts into a vBulletin board. For my final year project my website needs to be tested for performance and spam. Therefore i need to make a macro which will automatically post to increase the post count of a user.

How can i do this?
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Post Count Increase... vbulletin...?

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,

Have you seen our tutorials here? I recommend starting with the "Recording" tutorial. Just record the action that you want to automate with iMacros and play it as many times as you like.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
centurion

Post by centurion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Daniel, iOpus wrote:Hi,

Have you seen our tutorials here? I recommend starting with the "Recording" tutorial. Just record the action that you want to automate with iMacros and play it as many times as you like.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Hi thats fine, i know how to do that, but the setup in my vBulletin checks for duplicate posts so therefore i need to be able to write a different message in the post every time.
I assume i need to write a "loop" of some sort, to maybe pad a number on the end each time?

Any ideas, also is it ok for me to put these forum posts in my final year project to prove that i sourced external advice etc... ?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 am

but the setup in my vBulletin checks for duplicate posts so therefore i need to be able to write a different message in the post every time.
I assume i need to write a "loop" of some sort, to maybe pad a number on the end each time?
Hi,

Yes, you could use the loop variable if you're using looping, or you could insert the current time stamp or even generate a random number (requires the use of scripting interface). See also this topic for reference.

also is it ok for me to put these forum posts in my final year project to prove that i sourced external advice etc... ?
Sure, absolutely!
Daniel, iOpus Support