Ondialog doesn't forget the previous content

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jbwocky

Ondialog doesn't forget the previous content

Post by jbwocky » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 am

Hello,

I am working on a script which needs to test a webpage where the user first creates a filer (with a certain name), and then renames the same filter.
The problem I'm having, is that the ONDIALOG command gets completely confused after handling a couple of such dialogs.
I create a filter called "imacros_test_filter", then rename it to "imacros_renamed_filter" - when I run the script the second time, it inputs "imacros_renamed_filter" in the first input box, and nothing in the second.

I also have a couple of ONDIALOGS with no content in-between (just OK or CANCEL), and with those in the mix it seems my script doomed to just work OK just every once in a while.
Is this a known issue, or is there some way to solve it/is there something I'm missing?
Here's a sample:

Code: Select all

SET !REPLAYSPEED MEDIUM 
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:can't<SP>delete<SP>this<SP>one
WAIT SECONDS=1
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=imacros_test_filter
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=CLASS:gwt-MenuItem*&&ROLE:menuitem&&TXT:new
WAIT SECONDS=1
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Ondialog doesn't forget the previous content

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello jbwocky,

Have you tried changing the POS value for the subsequent ONDIALOG commands, like this:

Code: Select all

SET !REPLAYSPEED MEDIUM
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
ONDIALOG POS=2 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=imacros_test_filter
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:can't<SP>delete<SP>this<SP>one
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=CLASS:gwt-MenuItem*&&ROLE:menuitem&&TXT:new
WAIT SECONDS=1
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
jbwocky

Post by jbwocky » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for trying to help me out with this issue. I've been trying to figure this out since January, and now I hope I can finally tell you precisely what the problem is.
The ONDIALOG command works OK while you give it some content to input. However, when you don't specify any content, for some reason, the command remains "hanging" somewhere - on the page, in firefox, I don't really know, but here's what I did:

My script does a number of things, and I have both dialogs with content, and dialogs without. However, I never handle two dialogs (consecutive or not) with the same iimPlay, so changing the POS wouldn't help.
Everything was messed up, until I moved all of the scripts which had dialogs with content BEFORE the ones without. So - first I fill in all the dialogs which need input and then, when I no longer care since I only want to hit OK, I do the rest.
Now, even so, those ONDIALOGS without content remain hanging somewhere, so I need to restart my browser if I want to run the same script successfully again, so just the fact that the script ends does not get rid of the problem. And here's another detail - if I manually click on a button which pops up a dialog after the script is done, the command IS executed. So maybe it's cached somewhere, or who knows?

I haven't tried using the negative ONDIALOG yet, so that might not be bugged, but I doubt it. Let me know what you think, please. And if there is any other detail I can provide, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks,
Emin
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello Emin,

This sounds like too complicated of an issue to try and troubleshoot without a concrete example. If you can create and post a simple macro that reliably recreates the problem, then we can investigate it further.

If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please email the URL and/or macro to support AT iopus.com and mention this forum post.
I haven't tried using the negative ONDIALOG yet, so that might not be bugged
I am not sure what you mean by "negative ONDIALOG"?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support