run macro at firefox startup

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rauko113

run macro at firefox startup

Post by rauko113 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:23 am

hey guys,

I've been trying this batch file to run a macro at startup with firefox:

Code: Select all

start /B "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"  http://www.google.com
ping 127.1.1.1
start /B "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"   http://run.imacros.net/?m=MyGoogle.iim
MyGoogle.iim simply logs into my google account in the current tab.

It kind of works, except for a couple weird things... it opens my google account in a second tab instead of the current, and then it opens a blank window. So when the command line ends, im left with a blank window, and behind it, the window with two google tabs (one signed in and one not). I obviously just want one window and one tab: my signed in google homepage. Any tips? Is there a better way to run a macro with firefox startup?
Volodath

Re: run macro at firefox startup

Post by Volodath » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Try something like this

At the start of your macro add
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

which will make your Google homepage the only Tab active in your Firefox.

Next in your batch file you want to add this

taskkill /fi "Windowtitle eq Mozilla Firefox"

which should close all windows with a title equal to Mozilla Firefox (which happens to be the name of the extra window).
Tom, Tech Support

Re: run macro at firefox startup

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

The extra window is a known side-effect of that particular method for running a macro from the command line or a batch file. I like Volodath's suggestion. You can also look into one of the other methods listed here, such as Calling iMacros bookmarks with a shortcut.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support