nada

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
freeav8

nada

Post by freeav8 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:50 am

deleted
Last edited by freeav8 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fastviper

Re: Search of HTML Source File of webpage.... HELP!

Post by fastviper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:39 am

Write a javascript macro for firefox, that extracts and compares field against keyword.
If results are interesting, have the script to poke your backend server with ajax.
The backend does the rest: plays mp3 (must write a widget for that with remote connection api) and sends a SMS.
Some serious programming work before you, good luck!

With iMacros Scripting Edition, you could do it a little easier (no ajax, directly take action after replay).

As a side note I'd recommend building an Arduino solution (USB widget) instead. It's more fun and easier than programming windows.
freeav8

Post by freeav8 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 am

fastviper,

Thanks for the reply!

I don't anything about ajax, backend servers, or Arduino... but thankfully there's Google! Through brute force :twisted: (haven't programmed since college 22 years ago) and Rockstar energy drinks, I'll figure it out.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

freeav8
:mrgreen:
freeav8

nada

Post by freeav8 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:04 pm

deleted
Last edited by freeav8 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm

it depends on exactly what you want to extract, and if you want to actually extract it.

If you just want to know a a particular word is on the page, then i can think of about 3 ways you might do it.

if you want to know if one of a number of words is on a page, then again a different solution.

you'd need to provide more info, and preferably an example, for people to be able to help

(extraction is easy, check the wiki, but the way i read this, you don't actually need to extract)
freeav8

nada

Post by freeav8 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 pm

deleted
Last edited by freeav8 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 am