TypeError: mtree is null

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: TypeError: mtree is null

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

This bug has existed for quite a long time. The problem is, we have not been able to reproduce it in our labs, and no user has been able to provide us with a distinct set of steps to reliably reproduce it. Without a clear-cut test case that recreates the problem, I'm afraid this issue will remain illusive.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
howardmrhodes

Post by howardmrhodes » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:This bug has existed for quite a long time. The problem is, we have not been able to reproduce it in our labs, and no user has been able to provide us with a distinct set of steps to reliably reproduce it. Without a clear-cut test case that recreates the problem, I'm afraid this issue will remain illusive.
The bug can be easily reproduced if only C: is set as the folder in Options > Paths :mrgreen:
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:22 am

howardmrhodes wrote:The bug can be easily reproduced if only C: is set as the folder in Options > Paths
The bug that was mentioned in my post above is the recursive-folder bug (the case where it seems iMacros is creating a deeply nested recursive folder structure on the hard drive). Do you have a specific set of steps that reproduces this issue?

Or do you have a different case that results in the "TypeError: mtree is null" error?

In my own usage, I have found that if the path set for the Macros folder has too many subfolders and/or files, then iMacros for Firefox fails to load it, or only loads a portion of it in the sidebar. But I did not receive "TypeError: mtree is null" when setting the folder to C:\ on my machine.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Yup, I'm getting
TypeError: mtree is null
too today

FF plugin 8.9.7
FF46

Steps
Uninstall and reinstall plugin into FF
In the sidebar you will see
Favourites
Demo-Firefox

I think the issue is with the path - this Favourites folder seems to equal the \iMacros\Macros folder
If I point to another location for a Macros folder, for instance C:\iMacros\Macros, then the plugin will not see the new location and stop working

Everything was fine until yesterday 8 June, for me a least
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7