TypeError: mtree is null

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: TypeError: mtree is null

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

This bug has existed for quite a long time. The problem is, we have not been able to reproduce it in our labs, and no user has been able to provide us with a distinct set of steps to reliably reproduce it. Without a clear-cut test case that recreates the problem, I'm afraid this issue will remain illusive.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
howardmrhodes

Post by howardmrhodes » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:This bug has existed for quite a long time. The problem is, we have not been able to reproduce it in our labs, and no user has been able to provide us with a distinct set of steps to reliably reproduce it. Without a clear-cut test case that recreates the problem, I'm afraid this issue will remain illusive.
The bug can be easily reproduced if only C: is set as the folder in Options > Paths :mrgreen:
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:22 am

howardmrhodes wrote:The bug can be easily reproduced if only C: is set as the folder in Options > Paths
The bug that was mentioned in my post above is the recursive-folder bug (the case where it seems iMacros is creating a deeply nested recursive folder structure on the hard drive). Do you have a specific set of steps that reproduces this issue?

Or do you have a different case that results in the "TypeError: mtree is null" error?

In my own usage, I have found that if the path set for the Macros folder has too many subfolders and/or files, then iMacros for Firefox fails to load it, or only loads a portion of it in the sidebar. But I did not receive "TypeError: mtree is null" when setting the folder to C:\ on my machine.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Yup, I'm getting
TypeError: mtree is null
too today

FF plugin 8.9.7
FF46

Steps
Uninstall and reinstall plugin into FF
In the sidebar you will see
Favourites
Demo-Firefox

I think the issue is with the path - this Favourites folder seems to equal the \iMacros\Macros folder
If I point to another location for a Macros folder, for instance C:\iMacros\Macros, then the plugin will not see the new location and stop working

Everything was fine until yesterday 8 June, for me a least
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7