Is it possible to specify a Preference Name in about:config?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dforionstar

Is it possible to specify a Preference Name in about:config?

Post by dforionstar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:38 pm

This is my first Firefox imacro using v. 7.2.2.0.

I'm trying to toggle screen colors as follows. The macro isn't complete; it gets into about:config and stops with the following error:

"UnsupportedCommand: command DS is not supported in the current version, line: 4 (Error code: -912)"

Here is the macro so far:

Code: Select all

1  VERSION BUILD=7220523 RECORDER=FX
2  TAB OPEN
3  URL GOTO=about:config
4  DS CMD=KEY CONTENT={ENTER} 
5  DS CMD=KEY X=0 Y=0 CONTENT=browser.display.use_document_colors
6  DS CMD=KEY CONTENT={TAB}
7  DS CMD=KEY CONTENT={ENTER}  
8  DS CMD=KEY CONTENT={SHIFT}{TAB}
9  DS CMD=KEY CONTENT=browser.display.use_system_colors
10 DS CMD=KEY CONTENT={TAB}
11 DS CMD=KEY CONTENT={ENTER}
12 TAB CLOSE
How do I properly code lines 5, 8, and 9?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! :D
siniy

Re: Is it possible to specify a Preference Name in about:con

Post by siniy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:24 pm

DS commands don't work in firefox. Use javascript instead. This is code for changing proxies, imacros has now a command for proxies, so its just an example.

URL GOTO=about:config
'Proxy type
URL GOTO=javascript:gPrefBranch.setIntPref("network.proxy.type",1);

'Host exceptions
URL GOTO=javascript:var<SP>prefb<SP>=<SP>Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefBranch);var<SP>str<SP>=<SP>Components.classes["@mozilla.org/supports-string;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsISupportsString);str.data<SP>=<SP>"localhost,127.0.0.1,mbiltd.net,";prefb.setComplexValue("network.proxy.no_proxies_on",<SP>Components.interfaces.nsISupportsString,<SP>str);

'Proxy host
URL GOTO=javascript:var<SP>prefb<SP>=<SP>Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefBranch);var<SP>str<SP>=<SP>Components.classes["@mozilla.org/supports-string;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsISupportsString);str.data<SP>=<SP>"{{!EXTRACT}}";prefb.setComplexValue("network.proxy.http",<SP>Components.interfaces.nsISupportsString,<SP>str);

'Proxy port
URL GOTO=javascript:gPrefBranch.setIntPref("network.proxy.http_port",3128);

URL GOTO=javascript:gPrefBranch.setBoolPref("network.proxy.share_proxy_settings",true);
dforionstar

Post by dforionstar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Thank you siniy.

Unfortunately I don't know Javascript. While I am able to figure out how to replace the preference names in your example with my own, I am clueless about the rest of the script.

I had read a post (circa 2007) where iMacros was considering adding some of what I need in a future release. I searched the postings, google, and and the reference commands. DS was the only thing that came close.

Thanks anyway! :)
siniy

Post by siniy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:20 am

Paste this in your .iim file.

URL GOTO="javascript:gPrefBranch.setBoolPref('browser.display.use_document_colors',false);"
URL GOTO="javascript:gPrefBranch.setBoolPref('browser.display.use_system_colors',true);"
'You can remove this alert
URL GOTO="javascript:alert('Done');"
dforionstar

Post by dforionstar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:00 am

Thank you again siniy!

What I need to do is to be able to toggle both prefs = true when I run the macro, then both prefs=false, then both=true, etc. That is why I was trying to use the ENTER key in About:config.

If I knew how to code this:
If a pref = TRUE, then set to FALSE.
Else set to TRUE (because it would have already be FALSE).

Thanks again.
siniy

Post by siniy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 am

This will toggle the values.

URL GOTO="javascript:val=gPrefBranch.getBoolPref('browser.display.use_document_colors');gPrefBranch.setBoolPref('browser.display.use_document_colors',!val);"
URL GOTO="javascript:val=gPrefBranch.getBoolPref('browser.display.use_system_colors');gPrefBranch.setBoolPref('browser.display.use_system_colors',!val);"
dforionstar

Post by dforionstar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks siniy! That works! :D

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2 
URL GOTO="javascript:val=gPrefBranch.getBoolPref('browser.display.use_document_colors');gPrefBranch.setBoolPref('browser.display.use_document_colors',!val);"
URL GOTO="javascript:val=gPrefBranch.getBoolPref('browser.display.use_system_colors');gPrefBranch.setBoolPref('browser.display.use_system_colors',!val);"
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
Sometimes the new TAB doesn't close at the end ??
I am trying to attach this to the F2 key. Any ideas? I looked at http://www.donesmart.com/sitelauncher/ but unfortunately it doesn't support Firefox 5. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
siniy

Post by siniy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Maybe this will help.

WAIT SECONDS=1
TAB CLOSE
I don't know about hotkeys and imacros. You can add an imacros bookmark to your bookmark panel. Right click on imacros script to create a bookmark.
dforionstar

Post by dforionstar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks siniy! :D

1) The WAIT is not working even from the bookmark. I tried up to 5 seconds with no improvement.

2) I use Macro Express http://www.macroexpress.com/ and assigned F2 to run a one line batch program

"C:\APPS\WEB\Firefox\firefox.exe"  http://run.imacros.net/?m=Toggle-Colours.iim
but still TAB2 stays open.

3) Finally, is it possible to run the macro (from the bookmark) WITHOUT opening the sidebar?

Thanks!
dforionstar

Post by dforionstar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 pm

OK, I think I got it:

VERSION BUILD=7220523 RECORDER=FX
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAB CLOSE
Only issue is ABOUT:CONFIG always opens as rightmost tab, and when macro closes, focus is always on the last TAB. I figured out I could back up the TAB position by using TAB T=-1, but the TAB position from the end will always vary.

Is it possible to save the position of the TAB with current focus at the beginning of the macro so I can return to it at the end of the macro, instead of always ending at the rightmost TAB?