Quotes appearing when using CSV with a multi-line field

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
phol54

Quotes appearing when using CSV with a multi-line field

Post by phol54 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi there,

We're using iMacros to send form messages. On a mac, it works like a dream, but on a PC, we're having some very strange problems with the same script.

I use a CSV file that contains the subject and the body in two columns. Here's an example:

Code: Select all

"Example Subject","Message Body
Message Body Line Two
Message Body Line Three"
When I use this command:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:msgForm ATTR=ID:body-msgForm CONTENT={{!COL2}}
When using a message with multiple lines, the result shows up with quotes like this:
"Message Body
Message Body Line Two
Message Body Line Three"
When in fact it should appear without the quotes, such as:
Message Body
Message Body Line Two
Message Body Line Three
Through experimentation we have found that this problem appears consistenly on our PCs, but never on our Macs. If the message is one line, there is no issue. One line messages are not an option for us at this point.

Any thoughts?

Phil
siniy

Re: Quotes appearing when using CSV with a multi-line field

Post by siniy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 pm

1 method: replace new lines in the fields with <BR>. Probably will work on both PC and Mac
2 method: You should have correct csv file multiline format. In windows csv new line in a field marked with "\n" char. Sometimes there are two chars "\r\n" which is incorrect.
2011-07-01_0102[1].png
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Quotes appearing when using CSV with a multi-line field

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi Phil,

I have confirmed that this issue occurs with iMacros for Firefox on a PC and that it doesn't happen with the iMacros Browser or iMacros for IE. I have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and taking the time to report it here!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support