Help. I want to make this macro go faster?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Eone

Help. I want to make this macro go faster?

Post by Eone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:39 am

VERSION BUILD=7021019 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
URL GOTO=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_lstMonths CONTENT=%12
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_lstYears CONTENT=%1971
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_btnSignup2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_UserName CONTENT={{var_name}}
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_Password CONTENT=l0l0l0l
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_PasswordConfirm CONTENT=l0l0l0l
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_ButtonCreateAccount
WAIT SECONDS=1

URL GOTO=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_PurchaseWithTicketsButton
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_ProceedWithTicketsPurchaseButton
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_Hyperlink2

ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphRoblox_RemoveFromInventoryButton

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_BannerOptionsLoginView_BannerOptions_Authenticated_lsLoginStatus
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_BannerOptionsLoginView_BannerOptions_Authenticated_lsLoginStatus

This macro works perfectly, I just want to know how I can make it go faster. I am kinda not that good at this sooo help me out :P
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Help. I want to make this macro go faster?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Hello Eone,

Try adding SET !SUPER_SECRET_TURBO_MODE YES to your macro.

Of course I'm just joking.

I don't see anything obvious that you could change about your macro to make it go faster. Macro playback speed is going depend on the speed of your computer, your internet connection, and web server load / response times.

If the pages you are automating have a lot of images, you can also try using the FILTER command to prevent images from loading to speed up the web pages.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support

Re: Help. I want to make this macro go faster?

Post by 322126384 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 am

I don't really know how you could make it run faster besides !TIMEOUT, but if you are trying to make your code run faster than you need to worry about how long it takes for the URL to load, and i have a few suggestions about this:

1. if you are using Firefox, you should try an addon called AdBlockPlus. Why have the ads loading when no one is even looking at the screen? AdBlockPlus will block many Flash ads as well as scripts that can sometimes slow down the browsing process.

2. Disable the images. Each of these are taking up bandwidth when loading. If they are off, pages load faster and everything works for efficiently

3.Turn off Flash completely. Unless you are specifically working with a Flash-related object, you won't need to use Flash at all when using iMacros. Turning it off will make everything more efficient.

if you use any of these suggestions, it will probably speed up how much time it takes for each page to load, as well as speed up your browser and how much bandwith you use.