REGEXP in TAG command

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

REGEXP in TAG command

Post by 322126384 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 am

Is it possible to incorporate REGEXP like commands into the TAG command? i know you can use it in the SEARCH command but that only searches the source for the first instance of the desired Regular Expression and unless the SEARCH command somehow incorporates POS, i am forced to try the TAG command.

Basically what i'm looking for is something like this:

Code: Select all

\\ this searches for text that is between 00-99 \\
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:([0-9]{1,2})
i checked in the TAG section of the Command Reference page, but there is no REGEXP attribute. if it is not possible, is there anyway to generate something like this? or do i have to use Javascript? i know the TAG command only handles html elements, but if there is a way without Javascript that would be much easier.

Thanks in Advance
Tom, Tech Support

Re: REGEXP in TAG command

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Currently, regex is only supported in the SEARCH command and not the TAG command. You'll need to use a bit of scripting to accomplish this task.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support