[Request] Need Help creating a failsafe script

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Bodomy

[Request] Need Help creating a failsafe script

Post by Bodomy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:20 pm

For a game, http:///www.pokemonvortex.org. I use the Imacro as an Auto-trainer(Which is allowed in the game, and is actually the preferred way of training Pokemon. I have read the F&Q's, and searched the forum, I found only one post having to do with my problem, and it did not have an answer. I need help creating something that can battle a specific trainer, (e.g. Training, TrainingGrassWater, TrainingPsychic, E.t.c), Without failing and stopping because of some lag in either the server or my own internet connection, I've tried adding "Wait seconds = x amount", and all It did was reduce the amount of training I get done to nearly nothing. Help would be greatly appreciated, I am new to all of this kind of stuff, and I'd really appreciate some pointers on how to do something. The basic code usually looks something like.. I have the most updated version of Both Firefox and iOpus Macro.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7300701 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO = {What ever url]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:battleForm ATTR=VALUE:Continue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:battleForm ATTR=VALUE:Attack!
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Rebattle<SP>Opponent
But when I try making it work, it does no more then 20-30 loops if I'm lucky, usually only last 5, then has some sort of error. Any improvements would be greatly appreciated :).

Thanks in advance!

Bodomy
[P.s, Moderators, I could not find any guidelines on where to post these sort of threads, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong topic, and move it to the correct one as is, thanks :)]

Re: [Request] Need Help creating a failsafe script

Post by 322126384 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:54 pm

Try adding SET !TIMEOUT 6000 or something high like that. that way no matter how slow your connection, it will wait 600 seconds (about 10 minutes). and get rid of the URL GOTO because there is no point going to the URL if the rebattle link redirects you there.

but if you ask me (i play this game), i think you should download GreaseMonkey and install this script http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111042. this also waits in between battles for the 10 sec wait.

if you need more help, message me on Pokemon Vortex (my username is umar322126384).