Upgrade snafu

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jim7fl

Upgrade snafu

Post by jim7fl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 am

I had several firefox windows and about 20 tabs open and had opened a private browsing window which closed all of those but "remembered" them.

It was a couple days later when I restarted FF and those previous windows and tabs restored.

Evidently there was an upgrade to iMacros during the interval.

The iMacros upgrade took over every window with an upgrade dialog box, which was at least mildly annoying.

Don't know if that is fixable or not, but it might be an issue for some users...

Thanks...
Jim
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: Upgrade snafu

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello,

As far as I know, iMacros for Firefox does not update automatically. One has to confirm the Firefox update dialog. Did you experience something different?
Regards,

Marcia
zounds011

Re: Upgrade snafu

Post by zounds011 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:39 pm

I've had the same issue.
When Firefox updates, it automatically checks for updates to all add-ons including iMacros for Firefox, so this can trigger an iMacros update. That's not the problem though.

When iMacros for Firefox is updated, it will show an 'update completed' webpage, along with a dialog prompt to update the sample macros. The problem is that it will show this page on each open Firefox window. If you have 10 Firefox windows open (which I often have), you get 10 webpages and 10 dialogs. This is annoying.

In some of the Firefox windows, the Imacros webpage will appear in a new tab, but I have seen instances where the Imacros webpage overwrote an existing tab, in effect throwing away the existing content, which is a major problem.

Edit: the attached screenshot is an example after the 7.4.0.4 update (after I dismissed some of the dialogs).
Screen shot 2011-10-14 at 17.39.06.jpg