Loop issues?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
trizzypballr

Loop issues?

Post by trizzypballr » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 am

I have a macro set up, and have it looping 47 times. The macro runs flawlessly, and then at a random part of the loop it messes up. The first time I ran the macro, it put in the wrong login or password in loop 23, causing it to error out. I retried, knowing that the info in the file im pulling from is correct, and it hangs up this time on loop 13 for the same reason? Ive worked pretty much all day trying to get this macro to run right, just when I thought I had it working I get these error issues?
trizzypballr

Re: Loop issues?

Post by trizzypballr » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:36 pm

After slowing the macro down, I am seeing the problem. Every now and then facebook is hitting me with a captcha, which is taking the macro to a page that it doesnt know how to respond to so it crashes. Is there anyway to make the macro automaticly pause when an unexpected page comes up?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:41 am

Yes, but this logic requires the use of the Scripting Interface: http://wiki.imacros.net/Web_Scripting
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 am

When using iMacros for Firefox, you can also use the built-in Javascript scripting interface.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support