!datasource question

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
trizzypballr

!datasource question

Post by trizzypballr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I wrote a program that opens a file and pulls information from it. I now need to add a little bit onto my program. I need to open another file to pull data from. To open the first file I did this:

CMDLINE !DATASOURCE C:\users\courtney\desktop\facebook\account_files\accounts.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
<-----Used this to insert the data into my program------>
CONTENT={{!COL1}}
CONTENT={{!COL2}}

datasource is a built in variable, so I just make up variables in place of !datasource so that I can open 2 files instead of just 1?
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: !datasource question

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

!DATASOURCE is not designed to be used more than once in a single macro (which means that it is restricted to a single file of input).
You may use a script to read the data, then pass it to a macro.
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: !datasource question

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:52 am

Let me clarify this: !DATASOURCE is not designed to be used twice. Currently, however, both, the Firefox plugin as well as the standalone iMacros browser, support it.