Wildcards (little major problem)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
perusi

Wildcards (little major problem)

Post by perusi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi,

I`m having some form fields that i want to fill, i need to fill them with wildcards so the execution time will be smaller.

here`s my problem :(

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:*author* CONTENT={{!col2}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:*author* CONTENT={{!col2}}
....some websites have different attributes... as you can see above, some have NAME, some ID....

i tried using wildcards like this:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=*author* CONTENT={{!col2}}
...and it`s not working.... i tried ATTR=* ...it will work... but it`s imcomplete :(

How to do this with wildcards?

...also, some websites have hidden captcha (captchas that are triggered by keystrokes)...

How do i record a keystroke? or what kind of action should i do... so i`ll trigger the captcha?

thanks
perusi

Re: Wildcards (little major problem)

Post by perusi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:33 pm

i also tried this

ATTR=ID:*mail*&&NAME:*mail*
no luck... i also tried the || (or operator) ...but isn`t supported by imacros :((

any way to include in the same tag the ATTR ID --and-- ATTR NAME ...but not as <see if you find both, but as see if you found one of them>

thanks
perusi

Post by perusi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:49 pm

still no answer? no one know?
perusi

Post by perusi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 pm

still no one?? :(((
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 pm

perusi wrote: any way to include in the same tag the ATTR ID --and-- ATTR NAME ...but not as <see if you find both, but as see if you found one of them>
No, but one way to do this is to use two separate TAG commands along with SET !ERRORIGNORE YES to ignore the error that occurs when one of them is not found:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:*author* CONTENT={{!col2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:*author* CONTENT={{!col2}}
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
Other options include using the built-in Javascript scripting interface along with the SEARCH command to perform an extraction with a regular expression and then use the extracted result to dynamically build the appropriate TAG command.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support