iMacros in Window

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pbrewer

iMacros in Window

Post by pbrewer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi

I am quite new to iMacros but have a few simple form filling macros running in the main browser window with no problem. What I now want to do is to run a macro in a new window (created by the main browser window) but having problems - the iMacros icon appears in this window but when clicked the sidebar does not appear as in the main browser. I have tried recording a macro to provide some clues as to what is going on but when I create the new window in the playback it actually creates a new tab instead which is a different scenario and not what the normal system does. Is it possible to run a macro in a (named) window?

Thanking you in advance
Pbrewer
siniy

Re: iMacros in Window

Post by siniy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 pm

I don't think you can create New Windows with imacros. You can only create new tab with TAB OPEN.
Or you wanted to run two imacros scripts in parallel in two separate windows? It is possible, I've done this before.
pbrewer

Post by pbrewer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks siniy - I think you are right with the new windows. Do you know if it is possible to do with a script rather than just iMacros?
siniy

Post by siniy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Are you saying your website opens popup in a new window? Try make it open in new tab instead.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.link. ... estriction
Make sure you have checked Options-Tabs-Open new windows in a new tab