BUG? : iMacros constantly crashes on Firefox 16.0.1

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox Add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
miloshapiro

Re: BUG? : iMacros constantly crashes on Firefox 16.0.1

Post by miloshapiro » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

I found what you recommended (it was under Tools on the PC platform) and was surprised to see that it was set to "Automatically Update",
which is weird because it's been prompting me for months...not sure if that got changed somehow.
I reset it to the "prompt me" mode.

I appreciate the idea, but it's not ideal to stay on FF16 indefinitely, though.
I know there are security issues that cause the upgrades.
So long as there's a place that iOpus posts about when they feel set on a new release, I'd rather upgrade after that to stay current.

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History is the place that I was told to look
and indeed there is an update there as recent as two weeks ago, which is great, but as you can see there wasn't much
info given there between versions 8 and 16 to say "Version X is ready now". Just one reference to v13.

Just a reminder that anything you can share there gives us great info so we might not need to post. Thanks!
Lloyd Dunamis

Post by Lloyd Dunamis » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:30 am

It seems Firefox 17 doesn't make javascript macros crash now...at least, upon my tests. So far Firefox 17 has not crashed on all my javascript macros that crashes on Firefox 16.

FYI, in case anyone's wondering. :3

iMacros ver: 7.6.0.2, VERSION BUILD=7601105
Firefox ver: 17.0
yekim54

Post by yekim54 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Lloyd Dunamis wrote:It seems Firefox 17 doesn't make javascript macros crash now...at least, upon my tests. So far Firefox 17 has not crashed on all my javascript macros that crashes on Firefox 16.
Same good news here. I upgraded to Firefox 17.0 and my javascript macros no longer crash upon completion.

Windows 7 Home SP1 / Firefox 17.0 / iMacros for Firefox 7.6.0.2
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:42 am

Everyone still good on FF17? I've seen two postings that it looks good from users but nothing concrete has been posted about FF17 on http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History .
Waiting for something official to say I can go there. Wish Firefox would chill out! lol.